Senior Software Developer
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Jul. 23, 2021
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Opportunity OverviewThe Job
WarnerMedia seeks a Senior Software Engineer for the MSC - Media Software Engineer Department.
- Design and develop custom software solutions to support the content media supply chain for our HBO, HBO Max and Turner brands.
- Collaborate with talented and fun Agile project teams to meet our business needs.
- Perform hands-on coding and strong peer collaboration to work on innovative technical solutions.
- Influence team members on clean code best practices, code reviews and testing.
- Work with other infrastructure groups to implement system hardware requirements that may involve multi-platforms, databases, cloud strategies, or other technologies.
- Manage non-prod and production deployments
- Work with other developers on technical design questions
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other equivalent technical degree
- 8+ years using technologies in the Microsoft stack (.NET, MVC, SQL Server).
- Expertise in building and securing RESTful APIs and web apps.
- Experience in implementing scalable, distributed, and highly available systems on AWS (Load Balancer, Fargate, API Gateway, Lambda, ECS, SQS, SNS, etc.)
- Hands-on experience implementing microservices and system tasks.
- Working knowledge of the software development life cycle.
- Experience working and delivering in an Agile Scrum environment.
- Great team player attitude and well-rounded team member with good communication skills.
- Demonstrated expert-level understanding of troubleshooting and root-cause analysis.
- Ability to multitask and to manage time effectively in a fast-paced environment, with limited supervision.
- High level of care about user perspective with basic knowledge of user interface (UI) and user experience (UX) best practices.
- Detailed oriented and highly organized.
- Energetic, shows passion and is vested to the project.
- 8+ years of C# experience
- SQL Server
- .NET Core/Framework
- Entity Framework
- Web APIs
- Experience working in cloud environments such as Google, Microsoft, or Amazon.
- Passionate about new technology and ability to lead
- 2-5 years using Elasticsearch, Node, MongoDB
- Experience with Message Frameworks (RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, ZeroMQ, etc...)
- Experience building responsive design web apps
- Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, CloudFormation)
Nice to Haves
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with DevOps (TeamCity, CircleCI, GitHub Actions)
- Experience developing on a Mac OS
But Wait, There’s More!
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands