Senior Manager, Finance, LOB APAC
Singapore - Singapore
Jul. 21, 2021
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
As part of the Line of Business APAC (Decision Support & Reporting) Team, this role will be part of APAC Reporting team reporting to the Director, LOB - APAC and tasked with managing, reporting, and providing analysis on all Revenues and APAC Technology costs as well as being the bridge between APAC Finance Teams and GBS Teams to ensure timely and accurate reporting and create efficiencies and all related activities customary to the role.
- Lead Business Partner for all revenue streams (including but not limited to Distribution, Theatrical, Advertising sales, Licensing & Merchandising, Content Licensing, Home Entertainment), and Data, Technology, Operations, and Innovation (DTOI) costs reporting, analysis, monthly forecast and annual budget across WarnerMedia (legacy HBO, Turner and Warner Bros).
- Lead communications with Global Business Services (GBS) based in Argentina, Singapore, UK and US as well as with APAC Finance Teams (based in ANZ, China, INSEAK and Japan) on revenue booking, cash collection / aging, actual booking adjustment, etc. to ensure accuracy of monthly actual results and accounting treatments per internal policies.
- Lead and own DTOI P&L to ensure accuracy of monthly actual results and accounting treatments per internal policies.
- Actively involved in integration of the Finance Functions, processes, and systems for WarnerMedia, in particular for Warner Bros.
- Own and drive process for APAC subscriber reporting to ensure consistency including building process for rollout of HBO Max working with Finance Teams and GBS
- Actively involved in liaising with and play a lead role for APAC finance in support of DTOI operational and functional finance teams in projects across APAC, including financial modeling and scenario analysis of related costs.
- Own and coordinate with the leadership teams in APAC and EMEA on DTOI CAPEX budget, forecast, and tracking.
- Liaise and provide timely information and guidance to regional and corporate finance teams in reporting, allocations.
- Manage system uploads, enhancements, and process improvement projects.
- Support integration of the Finance & DTOI function across APAC WarnerMedia.
- Drive overall APAC Revenue related finance process improvement, consistency & streamlining projects
- Providing support to APAC Finance Teams in revenue analysis, consolidation, and deal structures
- Manage Cashflow forecast submission for APAC, working with the relevant Finance Teams for details and submission.
- Where relevant, manage Direct Report
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related business field.
- Professional Accounting Qualification (ACCA, CIMA, CPA etc.) is a plus.
- 7+ years professional experience in a finance or related business role, preferably within the media and entertainment industry.
- Experience working across APAC.
- Strong working knowledge of PeopleSoft, SAP, Ariba, Excel, and Hyperion with proficiency in query functions, spreadsheet and database applications.
- Experience supporting Senior Management
- Willingness to travel for work as and when required
But Wait, There’s More!
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands