Analyst, Business Development - Returnship (Open to LA and SF))
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Business Development, Game Development/Publishing
United States - California - Burbank
Jul. 13, 2021
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit OverviewWarner Bros. Interactive Entertainment is a leading worldwide publisher, developer, licensor and distributor of entertainment content for the interactive space across all platforms, including console, handheld, mobile and PC-based gaming for both internal and third-party game titles. WB Games studios include Avalanche, Monolith Productions, NetherRealm Studios, Playdemic, Rocksteady Studios, TT Games, WB Games Boston, WB Games Montreal, WB Games New York, and WB Games San Francisco.
Opportunity OverviewThe Path Forward Return to Work program at WB Games is a 15-week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to individuals who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
At WB Games, we are excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with others transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who’ve been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Inc. seeks an Analyst, Business Development for the Business Development department. The Business Development Analyst will work closely with Business Development executives to formulate strategies for a range of business development initiatives and perform outreach to identified partners. This position regularly liaises with external partners, other internal departments at WB Games and other divisions at Warner Media.
This is an ideal position for someone who is interested in video games (ranging from casual/mobile to core/console and everything in between) and who wants to gain a broad understanding of video game ecosystems. Specific responsibilities include performing research and critical analysis to support business development initiatives, preparing strategic presentations, developer outreach, vetting new platforms and assisting with the development of new business opportunities.
The ideal candidate will have experience in professional services (including consulting, banking or law) as well as in the video games, technology and/or entertainment industries. The candidate would ideally have experience performing research and structured analysis of business opportunities.
Strong preference for candidates in LA and SF but open to NYC or Seattle.
- Providing research and analytical support for key business development initiatives. Sample project could include, for example:
- Analysis of product/market fit for WB Brands
- Analysis of market viability of emerging platforms
- Researching new technology trends and impacting the industry
- Investigating new distribution and marketing opportunities.
- Inbound and outbound developer outreach including, for example, developers, publishers and emerging middleware partners.
- Assisting with preparation of internal operational materials including QBR deal greenlight presentations, QBR Templates and Franchise Health scorecards.
- Closely monitors industry trends and competitive dynamics, and prepares presentations summarizing industry segments and individual companies. Conducts research to help inform WB Games’ strategic priorities.
- BA/BS required
- 2+ years in video games, entertainment and/or technology industries in a licensing, business development or strategy/operations role
- Ability to understand and build industry and market taxonomies
- Strong analytical skills, including ability to perform structured analysis of key initiatives
- Strong emotional intelligence
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- Must be able to work independently
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects with multiple stakeholders
- Graduate degree preferred
- 2+ years in professional services preferred (including legal, banking or consulting)
- Interest in video games (casual or core)
- Self-starter who can be innovative in searching for answers to challenging questions
- Knowledge of the studio system and/or game developer ecosystem a plus
But Wait, There’s More!
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands