Producer - Returnship
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
United States - Massachusetts - Needham
Jul. 08, 2021
Business Unit OverviewWB Games Boston, is a Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment development studio focused on creating free-to-play games for mobile platforms. The studio is utilizing its extensive expertise in creating persistent online worlds that foster powerful social gaming communities to develop its hit mobile game, Game of Thrones: Conquest.
Opportunity OverviewThe Path Forward Return to Work program at WB Games is a 15-week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to individuals who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
At WB Games, we are excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with others transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who’ve been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
WB Games Boston is seeking a Producer for production support on Game of Thrones: Conquest. Partnering with HBO and a team of amazing developers, this Senior Producer will assist and work closely with the product development and technology teams to facilitate the development and execution of new features, systems and content. In this capacity, the Senior Producer will work across all studio teams to deliver the timely, high quality game systems, features, and content.
The Producer will be accountable for tracking assigned tasks related to game development, including responsibilities such as coordinating with team leads and directors, managing backlog reports, preparing project related documentation and assisting with live game updates. Other coordination duties include, following up on action items determined in meetings, running meetings and taking notes, end of sprint reviews and retrospectives, as well as other duties as specified by management.
- Support the development team by overseeing the day to day operations while ensuring process is followed, identifying areas of improvement, and improving team efficiency.
- Maintain high-level planning documentation, including Backlog and Roadmap, ensuring they have been reviewed by the appropriate parties and prioritized appropriately.
- Lead production for multiple disciplines, including technology and feature teams as specified by manager.
- Collaborate with each discipline lead to ensure teams are unblocked and functioning well.
- Identify and communicate project risks in coordination with the executives, leads, and QA team.
- Other duties as specified by management.
- 5+ years of software related project management experience
- 3+ years of free-to-play mobile game development experience preferred.
- Strong project and time management skills with the ability to focus on priorities, problem solving, multi-tasking, and meeting deadlines.
- Strong understanding of mobile technology and platform
- Must have demonstrated success (top grossing) in the mobile, freemium market across multiple games Ideally contributed to a mass-market franchise for a big brand publisher.
- Expert in project management methodologies including scrum, agile and waterfall.
- Excellent written, oral, and email communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Enthusiastic, positive, team-oriented attitude.
- Ability to work under tight schedules in a high-stress environment.
- Must be an avid gamer, with familiarity with current mobile games and show affinity for mobile strategy games and the Game of Thrones universe.
- Preferred Skills: OSX, Windows, JIRA, Microsoft Office, Google docs. Unity 3D engine experience is a plus.