Sr DevOps Engineer (AWS)
United States - California - Burbank
Aug. 03, 2021
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Opportunity OverviewThe Job
WarnerMedia seeks a AWS DevOps Engineer for the EDS department.
- Looking for a highly skilled AWS DevOps Engineer who will aid in the design and implementation of build, release, deployment, and configuration activities, version control, infrastructure management, initial setup and configuration, upgrade maintenance, and compatibility, build and deployment automation and support software products, tools, and services.
- These services need to be available, reliable, scalable, and self-healing.
- Much of our software development focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure, and eliminating work through automation.
- The candidate should be experienced in optimizing cloud spend with in-depth knowledge of the cloud tooling landscape conducting architectural evaluation, analysis, and design of enterprise-wide system, perform ongoing monitoring, automation, and refinement of data engineering solutions.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in cloud technologies, RDS, Unix/Linux
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a related field
- AWS Solutions Architect Certification
- Deep knowledge of Linux and Windows OS deployment, management, patching and security
- Experience using DevOps tools in a cloud environment, such as Ansible, GitHub and Jenkins
- Experience with scripting languages Linux shell scripting, Python and Terraform
- Experience with IaaC tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation
- Very good knowledge of security principals, controls, policies, and procedures
- Strong understanding of DevOps and Agile methodologies
- Strong understanding of git, branching, and merge requests
- Ability to work directly with clients, troubleshoot issues, and work toward a solution
- Experience developing applications within Docker containers
- Experience working on Spark, EMR, RStudio and MicroStrategy
- Familiarity with a variety of cloud services (EMR, AWS Batch, SSM, ECR, Lambda etc.,)
- SQL DB configuration and management – specifically cloud native databases
- Experience with CI/CD Pipelines, Jira and the Atlassian stack
- Manage internal and external users access maintenance with KMS and Secrete managers
- Perform Incident Management coordination and execution
- Earn customer trust by becoming a valued technical partner
But Wait, There’s More!
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands