United States - New York - New York
Jun. 10, 2021
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.HBO is one of the most respected and innovative entertainment brands in the world, serving iconic, award-winning programming to 140 million subscribers globally. A subsidiary of WarnerMedia, HBO is the world’s most successful pay TV service with an extensive array of programming that includes some of the most notable titles to be on television, including drama series Succession®, Watchmen®, Westworld®, Big Little Lies®, Game of Thrones®, The Sopranos®, Band of Brothers® and The Wire®, as well as comedy series Barry®, Insecure® and Sex and the City®. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
Opportunity OverviewThe Job
WarnerMedia seeks a Sr. Counsel to be part of its dynamic and agile HBO Max Global Legal team. Position will provide transactional support and legal advice for Technology, Research, Product Strategy and Innovation and Data Operations business groups, including.
- Draft and negotiate third party vendor agreements (e.g., MSAs, SOWs, POCs, NDAs, consulting agreements, etc.) across wide range of HBO Max business teams, including Technology, Research, Data Operations, Product Strategy and Innovation, Growth Marketing, Consumer Experience, Content Security, Talent Acquisition, Corporate and more.
- Provide day-to-day legal advice and other transactional support for business groups including Technology, Research, Data Operations and Business Development and serve as central legal function for coordination among other legal stakeholders (e.g., Content, Distribution, Marketing) on related issues.
- Work with legal teams in Latin America, Europe, and Asia on strategic planning for HBO Max related to global technology platform, product innovation, content security and extending US agreements for global reach.
- Manage additional ad-hoc and ongoing projects for HBO Max (e.g., accessibility, intercompany structures)
- Bachelor's degree required
- Juris Doctorate degree from an accredited law school required
- Admission to California or New York Bar required and bar membership must be in good standing
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, business sense, and the ability to make practical evaluations of risk.
- Must be able to provide direct, plain-spoken advice to clients (no legalese) and effectively and collaboratively communicate to colleagues and clients at all levels
- Must be a problem solver who works as a business partner with clients.
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
But Wait, There’s More!
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands