Manager Applications Support
United Kingdom - London
Jun. 10, 2021
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Business Unit OverviewWB Technology combines Warner Bros.’ industry-leading technologists and disciplines to ensure global alignment with business strategy and accelerated delivery of innovative technology solutions studio- and industry-wide. From pre-production through archiving, the WBT organization will provide critical business and technology intelligence and services to all Studio business units. WBT manages the Studio’s enterprise systems and solutions, emerging platforms, information security, consumer intelligence, content mastering and delivery, and more.
Opportunity OverviewPurpose of the Job
To be the business process and technology strategy domain expert for Warner Bros International TV Production - spearheading analysis and functional specifications for complex strategic technology initiatives. The individual will work directly with process owners, stakeholders, and technical management to ensure alignment of technology solutions with strategic business roadmaps.
Daily activities will include management of 3rd party developers, offshore support, and in-house business analysts, as well as research, analysis, requirements elicitation and process modelling leading to recommendations of business efficiencies and performance improvements.
This position requires a candidate who is confident at communicating effectively at senior management level and to a wide, diverse team, is flexible, pro-active, and efficient, organized and can work using their own initiative. Additionally, the ability to juggle multiple tasks from multiple individuals and to be one step ahead is essential.
Essential Job Functions
- Partners with the business to ensure appropriate usage of technology solutions.
- Document and develop the project plan tracking costs, scope, schedule, and quality for Production Technology project activities
- Responsible to research, elicit, model and document business processes, use cases, requirements and to formulate and recommend strategic process reengineering efficiencies and business performance improvements.
- Responsible to provide domain expertise to solution partners during the project life cycle to ensure developed solutions align with strategic business roadmaps.
- Responsible to develop cost benefits cases and to analyze and measure realization of post-deployment benefits.
- Responsible to create detailed User Acceptance Test plans, organize and conduct User Acceptance Testing and Training activities, and to ensure successful delivery and deployment of high-quality technology solutions with high rates of user adoption.
- Responsible to continually monitor and analyze post-stabilization user adoption rates and changing business processes and to recommend required solution modifications.
- Management of 3rd party development resources, offshore support and in-house business analysts.
- Act as the technology single point of contact for Microsoft Dynamics NAV.
- Manage & support implementation of systems
- Report status to Technology Management
- Solution Scope – Gains consensus on requirements and proposes initiative scope and priority in alignment with business strategy.
- Solution ROI – Develops business cases to support initiatives and advocates for solutions that maximize strategic value to the business.
- Solution Fit – Employs continual analysis to identify and escalate required post-stabilization actions.
- Draft work plans and statements of work.
- Functional & technical design specifications sign offs.
Relevant Previous Work Experience
- Experience working in internal or external business, management, or technology consulting.
- Experience in a Business Analyst/process definition and re-engineering role
- Solid experience working with Sr. Business Executives, process sponsors and stakeholders in a facilitation role.
- Proven experience delivering technology solutions.
- Demonstrable experience working with 3rd party service providers and offshore / virtual teams.
- Experience working within the entertainment industry is highly desirable.
- Elicitation and documentation of use cases, user stories, functional requirements, and functional specifications.
- Definition of current and future states and identification of gaps.
- Decomposition, documentation, and communication of information at various levels of detail using best practice business analysis techniques and artifacts (e.g., flow charts, wireframes, screen mockups, etc.) for both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Identification of process inefficiencies and improvements, with a high proficiency in process re-engineering, process modeling and alignment with business strategy.
- Measurement, evaluation, and prioritization of scope items according to business strategic plans
- Development of accurate and detailed business cases/ROI analyses.
- Creation of functional impact analyses (on end-user experience, functional departments, systems, and business processes) for all new capabilities.
- Functional knowledge of the International Television business area - highly desirable.
- Excellent grasp of business and technology best-practices.
- Strong customer relationship skills, with focus on service orientation
- Ability to interface effectively with multiple levels of management, through strong written and verbal communication skills, ranging from senior business executives to business domain experts and third parties.
- Resolution of large and complex issues in creative and efficient ways; handling multiple tasks with changing priorities, communicating changes in scope and schedule to all parties concerned.
- Excellent problem solving, quantitative and analytical skills, critical thinking, and the ability to effectively work through abstract concepts.
- Ability to work successfully across organizational lines and influence outcomes.
- Independent preparation of presentation quality documents and Sr. Management level summaries.
- High degree of independence and self-motivation; enthusiasm for challenging work and work under time constraints
- Ability to manage dependencies, and risks associated with strategic technology deliverables.
- Waterfall and Agile methodologies, including ability to act as Product Owner Agent on Agile teams.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including MS-Project, MS-Outlook, MS-Visio, MS-Access, MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint, and MS-Word.
- Must be able to pay close attention to complex detail and understand written and oral instructions.
- Ability to organize and schedule work effectively.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent required.
- Business Analysis Training and/or Certification highly desirable (e.g., IIBA)
Our people make WM the inspiring organisation it is today.
At WarnerMedia, our commitment starts with you! As a company of storytellers and journalists we have a responsibility to make sure we have a collection of voices and people whose stories reflect and connect with the global audiences and communities we serve.
WarnerMedia, and its suite of brands like Warner Bros., CNN, HBO Max, HBO, TNT, TBS, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Boomerang and many more, have long been committed to equity and inclusion as moral and business imperatives. It is essential that our content and creative partners reflect the diversity of our society and the world around us. Together with other production companies, networks, guilds, unions, talent agencies and others in the industry, WarnerMedia is committed to greater inclusion of people of color, women, the LGBTQ community, those with disabilities and other underrepresented groups in greater numbers both in front of and behind the camera.
There really has never been a better and more exciting time to join WarnerMedia. For more information on how to join our company and our commitment to diversity and inclusion, please click here.
But Wait, There’s More!
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands