Sr Quality Assurance Analyst, PIT - HBO Max
United States - New York - New York
Jun. 10, 2021
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.HBO is one of the most respected and innovative entertainment brands in the world, serving iconic, award-winning programming to 140 million subscribers globally. A subsidiary of WarnerMedia, HBO is the world’s most successful pay TV service with an extensive array of programming that includes some of the most notable titles to be on television, including drama series Succession®, Watchmen®, Westworld®, Big Little Lies®, Game of Thrones®, The Sopranos®, Band of Brothers® and The Wire®, as well as comedy series Barry®, Insecure® and Sex and the City®. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
Opportunity OverviewSr Quality Assurance Anaylst- HBO Max
HBO Max is the future of entertainment and storytelling.
WarnerMedia’s new streaming entertainment offering, HBO Max is the culmination of some of the most innovative new technology and greatest creative talent in the industry. Anchored by the entire HBO service, arguably the greatest brand in television, HBO Max also features fan favorites from the WarnerMedia library including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more. HBO Max will also be home to key third-party library acquisitions, such as Friends, South Park and Doctor Who, and more than 50 exclusive Originals in its first year, from the likes of groundbreaking creative talent such as J.J. Abrams, Ridley Scott, Jordan Peele, Steven Soderbergh, Michael Mann, Mindy Kaling, Reese Witherspoon, Anna Kendrick, Greg Berlanti, Melissa McCarthy, Robert Zemeckis, Ellen DeGeneres, and other visionaries. HBO Max launches in May 2020.
Build the future of Streaming Media with us! Like to develop features that connect and impact millions of customers? The Purchase & Identity Team provides access to HBO’s flagship streaming products HBO Max, no matter how you purchase your HBO Max subscription. Our products are enjoyed by millions of customers around the world. We work closely with Product and Design to present the best customer experiences for securely authenticating with hundreds of identity providers across dozens of device platforms. As a Sr QA Analyst on WarnerMedia's Purchase & Identity Team, you will be responsible for leading quality deliverables and QA planning efforts across multiple features or client releases, ensuring the stability of the software release candidates for HBO Max, including connected TV devices and mobile platforms. You’ll be responsible for working with a wide array of groups to understand the agreed upon functionality, how the functionality will work, and to create test cases and scenarios which will fully exercise this functionality. You will ensure the quality of cutting-edge authentication features across multiple device platforms, working with partners from AT&T, Apple, Google, and other industry leaders. You will own and improve features like multiple user profiles and geo-validation. By working on our team, you will make some of the world’s best content accessible to millions of customers, securely and seamlessly.
We are dedicated to continuous improvement and are looking for talented people to join our team to optimize the journey from sign-in to streaming. Building reliability, performance and security into our streaming products is our mission. We are evangelists for infrastructure as code, continuous delivery, operational visibility, and strongly believe that automation is the key to delivering reliable systems. We are looking for an experienced Sr QA Analyst who can ensure the quality of our releases and help deliver HBO Max on global scale!
- Projects and work related to specific platforms
- Solve escalated day to day tasks.
- Report team status to Quality Assurance Manager
- Refine Test Plans and test cases
- Create comprehensive testing scenarios
- Deliver high quality, low to zero defect releases
- Assist in the maintenance of appropriate processing flow charts, diagrams, tables, and other supporting documentation to convey proposed or updated testing approaches
- Enforce and evangelize standards for consistent practices throughout the department
- 5+ years of experience within the Quality Assurance specialty
- Experience with Black-box/Gray-box testing
- Must have worked in positions which have site and product releases on a frequent basis (at least one per month)
- Strong knowledge of smoke testing, regression testing, test case creation, and applying automation testing to improve the delivery of the team
- Experience with game console apps for devices such as iOS, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Xbox, PlayStation, Chromecast and Smart TVs
- Extremely detail-oriented, possessing the ability to think outside of the box
- Experienced in testing and supporting web, mobile and media applications
The Nice to Haves
- Testing web applications developed in HTML5
- Knowledge of AEM, CRXDE or another comparable CMS tool
- Video Streaming, Gaming and VR testing experience is a plus!
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
But Wait, There’s More!
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands