Quality Assurance Engineer II, PIT - HBO Max
United States - New York - New York
Jun. 10, 2021
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.HBO is one of the most respected and innovative entertainment brands in the world, serving iconic, award-winning programming to 140 million subscribers globally. A subsidiary of WarnerMedia, HBO is the world’s most successful pay TV service with an extensive array of programming that includes some of the most notable titles to be on television, including drama series Succession®, Watchmen®, Westworld®, Big Little Lies®, Game of Thrones®, The Sopranos®, Band of Brothers® and The Wire®, as well as comedy series Barry®, Insecure® and Sex and the City®. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
The Purchase & Identity Team provides access to HBO’s flagship streaming products HBO Max, no matter how you purchase your HBO Max subscription. We work closely with Product and Design to present the best customer experiences for users to manage their identity and settings across dozens of device platforms. As an SDET II on WarnerMedia's Purchase & Identity Team, you will be responsible for building high quality data-centered solutions that facilitate the self-service account management, profile management, parental controls, and more! You will ensure the quality of cutting-edge customer setting features across multiple device platforms. You will own and improve features like multiple user profiles, watch list, and device management. By working on our team, you will make some of the world’s best content accessible to millions of customers in a most customized way.
- Design and create test strategies - creating test plans and write test automation for individual product releases, with an eye to validating business requirements, operational needs and real-world consumer product usage.
- Plan automation and oversee the development of automation frameworks and tooling.
- Actively research new tools/methods that could prove beneficial in the implementation of automated tests.
- Review test automation codes for SDET and engineer peers.
- Collaborate with an engineering team working in an Agile process and continuous integration/continuous deployment process.
- Maintain good knowledge of product business, functional and operational requirements in order to incorporate into test strategies, day to day testing and reporting.
- Assess and communicate product/release health based upon understanding of business and consumer strategy and priorities.
- Manage multiple projects and phases of testing cycles – planning, test case development and execution simultaneously.
- 1-3 years of experience in managing and conducting quality assurance testing, including manual and automated testing
- Develop, maintain, and monitor automated test and test suites across multiple platforms and test frameworks
- Support Feature Owners and software developers with testing strategy and coverage including automated testing
- Assist manual QA with debugging support, verifying bug repros, implementing fixes, interpreting call stacks, proactively fixing common errors.
- Familiarity with a variety of software automation tools and frameworks, such as API test and Selenium/Appium/other client test tools. Familiarity with application development concepts.
- Understanding of digital development for web, mobile and streaming platforms.
- Passionate about delivering high quality digital experiences!
- Experience working with enterprise-level digital platforms and building/testing large-scale, distributed, highly available applications.
- History of evaluating product completeness and success relative to business goals and consumer needs.
- Proven success in collaborating with both business, functional and technical resources.
- Comfortable working in an environment with a high release frequency.
- Solid experience working with bug tracking tools.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- A passion for learning, sharing knowledge, mentoring, and working in a team setting with engineers of varying levels of experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher strongly preferred.
- Experience in the media/entertainment and video streaming industry.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
But Wait, There’s More!
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands