Manager, Media Relations
United States - California - Santa Monica
Jun. 10, 2021
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.HBO is one of the most respected and innovative entertainment brands in the world, serving iconic, award-winning programming to 140 million subscribers globally. A subsidiary of WarnerMedia, HBO is the world’s most successful pay TV service with an extensive array of programming that includes some of the most notable titles to be on television, including drama series Succession®, Watchmen®, Westworld®, Big Little Lies®, Game of Thrones®, The Sopranos®, Band of Brothers® and The Wire®, as well as comedy series Barry®, Insecure® and Sex and the City®. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
Opportunity OverviewThe Job
The Manager, Media Relations will oversee and execute publicity campaigns to maximize media, industry and consumer awareness for HBO and HBO Max original programming.
- Create and execute strategic, effective publicity campaigns for HBO and HBO Max original programming. Manage full series launch campaigns including high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media.
- Build and maintain relationships with stakeholders across HBO and HBO Max departments to maximize cross-functional strategy and awareness. Develop strong working relationships with creative talent, producers, and representatives. Collaborate with production partners where appropriate.
- Identify opportunities, secure talent participation, attend and manage events as needed, including premieres, award shows, junkets, press conferences, conventions, film & television festivals and other media events.
- Create and maintain talent schedules, calendars, status reports. Write press releases and other materials, including talking points. Oversee selection and distribution of media assets. Monitor, analyze and communicate PR results.
- Minimum 6-7 years of experience in similar role with in-house studio/network/streamer,
- Minimum 2 year of experience in leading full cycle project campaigns independently.
- Must be able to work weekends, nights and travel as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred.
But Wait, There’s More!
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands