Recruiter, University Relations
Human Resources, Recruiting
United States - New York - New York
May. 12, 2021
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.HBO is one of the most respected and innovative entertainment brands in the world, serving iconic, award-winning programming to 140 million subscribers globally. A subsidiary of WarnerMedia, HBO is the world’s most successful pay TV service with an extensive array of programming that includes some of the most notable titles to be on television, including drama series Succession®, Watchmen®, Westworld®, Big Little Lies®, Game of Thrones®, The Sopranos®, Band of Brothers® and The Wire®, as well as comedy series Barry®, Insecure® and Sex and the City®. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
Opportunity OverviewThe Job
Home Box Office, Inc. seeks a Univ Rels Recruiter for the HBO General Inc.-Talent Acquisition department.
The University Relations Recruiter will support the Manager, University Relations with the recruitment and facilitation of WarnerMedia’s nationwide year-round internship programs. Develop strong and trusting relationships with assigned clients by performing best in class search and recruitment engagements. Create, develop and execute search strategies, ensuring a positive candidate experience throughout. Strategically and effectively fill vacant positions within assigned client group by collaborating with hiring managers and HR partners to ensure most effective recruitment support is provided and results in successful hires in the shortest time frame. The Recruiter will also lead and participate in related recruitment activities and initiatives, which include event planning and execution of virtual and on-campus programming (including career fairs, info sessions and panels).
Responsible for full scope recruitment of assigned internship positions, which includes identifying and presenting top qualified candidates to hiring managers. Effective recruitment efforts will be conducted through direct sourcing, university job boards, on-campus/virtual recruitment efforts, resume database, employee referrals, and relevant partner organizations.
- Develop, determine and execute recruitment strategies and processes for assigned searches through successful completion.
- Plan, market, and execute various internal and external virtual/in-person recruitment events: media treks, intern alumni events and career fairs.
- Support University Relations leadership in developing and executing on university relations goals by leading and/or participating in various working groups on the team.
- Plan, market, and execute various internship program activities (ex. Orientation Day, Speaker Series, Intern Panels, etc.).
- Build and develop external relationships with students within area(s) of industry expertise.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition full-time recruitment team to support intern pipelining initiatives; identify & present qualified former intern candidates for relevant vacant positions.
- Comply with and implement established search execution processes including, but not limited to: video and phone screens, distributing regular status reports to hiring managers, conducting effective kick-off meetings and creating/editing effective job descriptions.
- Update applicant tracking system on a timely basis to ensure accurate reporting on relevant recruitment metrics.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience required
- At least 2 years of experience in Talent Acquisition required (preferably in a university recruitment function)
- Demonstrated ability to execute full cycle recruitment searches
- Entertainment industry experience strongly preferred
- Experience with emerging businesses strongly preferred
- Experience with recruitment for corporate sectors desired
- Strong working knowledge with a company-wide recruitment applicant tracking system, Internet, MS Word, Excel, Outlook
But Wait, There’s More!
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands