Sr. Financial Analyst, Global Business Services
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
United States - California - Burbank
May. 03, 2021
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit OverviewWarner Bros. corporate functions provide specialized knowledge and expertise to support our vast portfolio of businesses like DC Comics, Warner Bros. Pictures, Warner Bros. Television Group and Warner Bros. Consumer Products.
Opportunity OverviewThe Job
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks a Sr. Financial Analyst, Enterprise Financial Services for the CORUS GBS – TH CP R2R Acct department.
One of two SFA’s that will support the Global Consumer Products Business Record to Report functions. This role will liaise with the Business Unit groups including Finance, Legal, Sales, etc as well as our International affiliate offices. This role works closely with the WarnerMedia Consolidations Financial Reporting Team and has daily interaction with our Service Delivery Center (SDC) Team. This role would support the General Ledger Management and transactional processing related to worldwide licensing operations within various systems (Oracle, LMS and SAP). Duties to include general ledger stewardship for assigned territories/agents, month end closing, consolidation of actual results and preparation of statements and analysis (including F/X Analysis) according to reporting obligations (Participations, Audits, etc.) and review of work from our SDC team. Duties will also include process improvements and standardization and supporting the Technology Upgrade program in partnership with the Business Unit.
- Provide support for month end close activities including: trial balance review, journal entry adjustments, proper posting of revenues, AR aging preparation and other related GL account analysis.
- Analyze and review financials on a global business or process level to ensure a consistent global approach.
- Use independent judgment to prepare journal entries that impact the Company’s financial statements.
- In-depth knowledge of accounting rules to properly interpret and determine applicable accounting treatment.
- Ensure GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) are implemented and adhered to for respective BU.
- Support in the strategic direction for the process (e.g., revenue, reserves, reporting, etc.) and help drive forward with execution of standardization and improvements
- Responsible for establishing and ensuring timeliness of overall monthly close activities and accuracy of close processes
- Interact and maintain the highest level of customer service with Business Unit operations and 3rd parties (licensees, auditors, etc.) who rely on the accuracy and timeliness of the information provided.
- Quarterly Deliverables to Consolidation Financial Reporting Team pertaining to Footnotes, Balance Sheet Analysis & Supplementals.
- Monthly AR Securitization Reporting involving collection data and performing analysis prior to submitting files to consolidation group.
- Coordinate & review deliverables with SDC team and confirm all items are done in a timely manner meanwhile managing up expectations.
- Prepare statements that support reporting obligations for third party representation related to: assigned titles, Name & Likeness, Separated Rights and any adhoc participation analyses required that supports third party reporting obligations.
- Support all constituents performing audit activities surrounding WBCP processes (Financial Statement Audits, Statutory Audits, FCRA Audits & Tax Audit-Related requests.
- Assist in the enhancements/testing of systems to support the day to day transactions of GL management and to improve financial operations.
- Financial Closing, Consolidation & Reporting
- Experience 3+ yrs.
- Entertainment Industry Experience Preferred.
- Public Accounting Experience.
- ERP System Experience with SAP, Oracle and/or Microsoft Dynamics.
- US GAAP & International Accounting Experience.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and Analytical skills.
- Bachelor’s or Advanced degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- Advanced Excel skills required and Knowledge of MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint required.
- CPA or MBA preferred, Excel Super User.
But Wait, There’s More!
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands