Creative Services Producer-WB Animation
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
United States - California - Burbank
May. 02, 2021
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit OverviewWarner Bros. Animation (WBA) is one of the leading producers of animation in the entertainment industry, with an innovative and talent-rich roster boasting some of the most accomplished writers, producers and artists working today. The studio is on the cutting edge of animation technology, and has both CG and traditionally animated projects in current production and development for multiple platforms — including TV, digital and home entertainment — both domestically and internationally.
The JobWarnerMedia seeks a Creative Services Producer for the Production Creative Services department. Responsible for the management of the Creative Services team, schedules, processes, and budgets. They work closely with the Art Director, Studio Production Heads, and other Warner Media groups to ensure that VFX, graphics, and creative marketing requests stay on schedule and within the approved budget.
- Oversees the day-to-day activities of the Creative Services team (VFX and Graphics post departments). Responsible for budget management, scope management and final delivery of all work from the department.
- With studio overhead, Warner Media teams, and other extremal groups, develop and oversee creative marketing pipeline and “standard operation procedure”. Additional future responsibilities include:
- Management of all creative marketing requests.
- Bidding of creative marketing requests.
- Secure all necessary approvals on creative materials.
- Act as point between marketing team, show creatives, and show producers to ensure clear communication.
- Creation of internal schedules for all creative marketing requests.
- Creation and maintenance of internal process and pipeline.
- With Creative Services Production Managers, develops schedules/bids at start of all work and tracks costs to ensure work is delivered on budget and on schedule.
- Escalate any issues to show Producers and/or WBA executives that would delay delivery or cause cost overages.
- Responsible for setting and maintaining creative services pipelines/workflow and tracking systems within Shotgun and/or Smartsheets.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining the VFX “Standard Operating Procedures”, both in documentation and in practice.
- Forecast VFX project schedules and future resource needs for the upcoming year. Work with the VFX PM and Show Productions to set early planning meetings to allow time for creative exploration and proper crewing.
- Manage personnel and operational issues.
- Monitor artist start and end dates, including freelancers. Oversee artist resource management for the shared VFX artist pool and any loaned-out artists.
- Work closely with Creative Service Production Managers and show Line Producers to ensure ongoing clear communication regarding processes, responsibility of tasks, schedules, bids, and budgets.
- Work with Creative Services Production Managers to train show production staff on all aspects of the VFX, graphics, marketing, and other post production process.
- Act as a mentor to Creative Services Production team. Set up and supervise weekly Production Management meetings as needed.
- Approve crew timesheets & any necessary OT. Handle requests for vacations and time off.
- Complete new hire and termination paperwork and manage the on-boarding process of the crew (e.g.: equipment, office/cubicle, software, parking/drive-on passes, remote work setups).
- Report employee issues to HR. Troubleshoot crew issues & resolve any conflict that arise on the projects.
- Responsible for general Shotgun and Smartsheet oversight – checks that Creative Services Production Managers are keeping all tracking accurate and up to date.
- Directly responsible for problem solving and managing the Creative Services Production Management team, including Production Manager(s), Supervisors, and Assistant Production Managers.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for show Production teams, network executives, client executives, WB executives, Marketing executives, in-house staff. Responsible for obtaining all necessary approvals. Expected to professionally interface with other Warner Media departments and outside studios and vendors.
- Create budgets/schedules for special projects that may be requested.
- With Creative Services Production Managers, supervise all inhouse artists.
- With IT and Post Management, tracks and assesses equipment needs for post. Monitor calibrations – 2x a year coordination of all critical monitor calibrations
- Maintain a positive work environment and resolve production problems as they arise. Help find new ways to improve the pipeline & reduce costs.
- Work with other Post Production teams on areas of overlap, including Quantel Editors / online processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience with scheduling and budgeting an animated series, feature films, or post VFX projects
- Excellent understanding of animation pipelines
- 7+ years of animation production experience or VFX production experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to organize, prioritize, and delegate assignments
- In depth knowledge and experience with Excel
- Shotgun experience required
- Strong people skills necessary.
- Must be adaptable and flexible when situations change quickly
- College degree or equivalent
But Wait, There’s More!
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands