Business Operations Specialist - HBO Max
United States - California - Culver City
May. 02, 2021
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Opportunity OverviewThe Job
The Specialist, Business Operations is responsible for bringing sound process development and project management to HBO Max media operations. You will identify opportunity, adeptly navigate ambiguity, build strong cross-functional bridges between teams, and deliver repeatable, scalable processes that serve the needs of our cross functional partners and the business as a whole. You are diplomatic, tactical, and kind, someone who is detail-oriented but consistently keeps the bigger picture in mind. You are truly collaborative, always up for a new challenge, and enjoy making the business better for everyone.
Biz Ops’ roles and scope will evolve as the business does — adaptability and a wholehearted willingness to pivot and take on whatever is needed is essential.
- Report to the Director who oversees all day-to-day media operations activities for HBO Max
- Provide key data documentation necessary for Biz Ops’ content readiness operations
- Support cross-functional meetings to ensure end-to-end activities in media supply chain are operating without any issues
- Identify and track open issues, identify risks, and enable resolution by enlisting needed stakeholders and working groups
- Confidently lead efficient, effective meetings as needed and be ready to step-in to fill gaps
- Develop strong, trusted relationships with all of our cross-functional partners.
- Build, maintain, and optimize forms, reports, trackers and dashboards
- Be a self-starter and champion for sensible, effective processes. Consistently monitor and enhance our current practices including process, tools, and communications plans
- 2+ years of experience in project management / business operations / management consulting
- Working knowledge and comfortability of data analytics/automation/visualization tools such as Alteryx, PowerBI etc.,
- Proficient in Microsoft excel, G Suite, Monday.com and other similar tools used in day-to-day operations
- Able to clearly, concisely, and regularly communicate status, issues, and risks to project stakeholders
- Knowledge of Agile/Lean methodologies is a plus
- Thrives in ambiguous, rapidly-evolving deadline-driven environments,constantly, proactively identifying opportunities for improvement; start-up experience a plus.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including negotiation and coalition building with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Familiarity with streaming services and/or media, production, digital supply chain, media operations
- Self-motivated, accountable, a team player and kind
But Wait, There’s More!
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands