Senior Site Reliability Engineer
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Jun. 10, 2021
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Opportunity OverviewThe Job
Warnermedia seeks a Site Reliability Engineer. This is a discipline that combines software and systems engineering for building and running large-scale, distributed, fault-tolerant systems. Elements of our tech stack include Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, Postgres, Mongo, Jenkins and Elastisearch. You will be a core contributor on our SRE team and will be responsible for reliability, security and scalability of our applications and infrastructure.
- Design in terms of Availability, Reliability, Scalability, Maintainability, and Security
- Code, scale and support the cloud infrastructure supporting Warnermedia's VOD and Live workflows in a cost effective manner.
- Develop tooling and services to provide insight into application and system health.
- Utilize Infrastructure as Code best practices to support our cloud infrastructure
- Build, improve, maintain, support CI/CD Pipelines
- Documentation of systems and processes.
- Monitor/troubleshoot production applications and cloud infrastructure.
- Evaluate emerging technologies to assess potential for adoption
- Contribute to development of operational automation and self-service frameworks
- Participate in tiered support for application and infrastructure needs; this includes weekend and off hours support.
- Degree in computer science, computer information systems or equivalent experience
- Deep understanding of AWS, Containers and Kubernetes(EKS, RKE).
- Solid experience in designing, implementing and supporting container based services in the cloud.
- 3+ yrs experience in cloud technololgies with broad exposure to AWS suite of services including S3, RDS, ALB's, Route 53 etc.
- Expert-level knowledge of Unix or Linux system administration at scale.
- Experience with source control, git or equivalent
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication (written, verbal, and presentation) skills are a must.
- Self-directed, analytical, and works well in a team environment.
- Ability to collaborate with a cross-functional team of developers, operations staff, product managers, and project managers.
- Experience with programming (Python, Golang or shell scripting)
- Experience in Media Technology and Video monitoring is a plus
- Video encoding/transcoding experience a plus
But Wait, There’s More!
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands