Operations/General, Retail/Store Operations/Tour Operations, Sales
United Kingdom - London
May. 04, 2021
Business Unit OverviewThis summer Warner Bros. is launching an exciting new experience in central London combining an Official Walking Tour and Photographic Exhibition. Scheduled to launch in June 2021, the Walking Tour will take to the streets of London visiting iconic filming locations before reaching its final stop at the Photographic Exhibition which is set over 25,000 square feet in the heart of London’s Covent Garden and focuses on behind the scenes location photography.
To provide each visitor to the Walking Tour and Photographic Exhibition with an optimum level of customer service and engagement. The Tour Guide will work across the exhibition, retail store, café and Walking Tour to provide the very highest standards of customer care and interpretive support in an exciting, intriguing, and safe environment.
- Deliver location specific facts in a confident and engaging manner while guiding a group of up to 16 people along an assigned route.
- Maintain effective communication with Team Leaders while working off-site to ensure safety and wellbeing of colleagues and visitors.
- Report personal and customer feedback to line manager to help the business continually evolve and improve attraction.
- Share knowledge and findings with management and colleagues to enhance customer and colleague experience.
- Present a friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable interface between the attraction itself and all visitors to the attraction, working as an ambassador for both interpretation of the site, the attraction, and specific elements within the attraction.
- Deal proactively with any visitor or team issues that may arise during your duties – escalating any issues where appropriate.
- Ensure safety of all staff and visitors in accordance with WB policies and procedures, including the safe working system for the Café and whilst on the Walking Tour out and about in Central London; vigilance and awareness of surroundings will be of utmost importance.
- Promote interpretive talks, the café and retail products and Walking Tour to visitors.
- Keep up to date on product and film knowledge and be able to confidently discuss the features and benefits of our merchandise with customers.
- Participate in briefings and training to be able to meet customer needs, deliver optimum levels of service and maintain high visual standards.
- Process sales and tickets through our system quickly and efficiently.
- Adhere to all H&S policies and procedures to ensure a safety of all visitors and staff.
- Avoid stock loss by remaining vigilant on the shop floor and establishing contact with all customers.
- Always represent the Brand by following the uniform standards and brand guidelines.
- Experience of having provided a high standard of customer service in a visitor focused customer service or retail environment.
- Enjoyment of working confidently with the public with a particular focus on families and young people.
- Demonstrable influencing and listening skills
- Demonstrable ability to learn new skills and adapt to new situations within a visitor focused environment.
- Excellent, communication, interpersonal and reasoning skills
- Presentations skills – ability to speak confidently in public
- Ability to absorb written communiqués and transfer information on to visitors
- Flexibility of approach to working environment needs.
- Selling skills - proactively seeks out opportunities to increase sales
- Responsibility for handling cash.
- Knowledge of a foreign language is desirable
Up to 40 hours a week working shifts. Regular weekend and evening work required. Because of the adaptive nature of this role flexibility is required to suit the needs of the business. The role is physically demanding, requiring the Tour Guide to work indoors and outdoors during all weather conditions and to walk significant distances. You will also be required to stand for around 4 hours at a time and performing light lifting.
Our people make WM the inspiring organisation it is today.
At WarnerMedia, our commitment starts with you! As a company of storytellers and journalists we have a responsibility to make sure we have a collection of voices and people whose stories reflect and connect with the global audiences and communities we serve.
WarnerMedia, and its suite of brands like Warner Bros., CNN, HBO Max, HBO, TNT, TBS, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Boomerang and many more, have long been committed to equity and inclusion as moral and business imperatives. It is essential that our content and creative partners reflect the diversity of our society and the world around us. Together with other production companies, networks, guilds, unions, talent agencies and others in the industry, WarnerMedia is committed to greater inclusion of people of color, women, the LGBTQ community, those with disabilities and other underrepresented groups in greater numbers both in front of and behind the camera
There really has never been a better and more exciting time to join WarnerMedia. For more information on how to join our company and our commitment to diversity and inclusion, please click here.