Head of Digital Ad Sales
United States - New York - New York
May. 04, 2021
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Business Unit OverviewWarnerMedia has some of the most recognizable brands that continue to drive the social fabric of our world. From cutting-edge breaking news stories on CNN, up-to-the-minute sports coverage on Turner Sports & Bleacher Report, the characters we grew up loving on Cartoon Network to the shows we love today on TBS, TNT, and truTV. WarnerMedia continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. Including our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros that complete the WarnerMedia family, we tell the stories the world wants to hear.
Opportunity OverviewThe Team
WarnerMedia has some of the most recognizable brands that continue to drive the social fabric of our world. From cutting-edge breaking news stories on CNN, up-to-the-minute sports coverage on Turner Sports & Bleacher Report, the characters we grew up loving on Cartoon Network to the shows we love today on TBS, TNT, and truTV. WarnerMedia continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. Including our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros that complete the WarnerMedia family, we tell the stories the world wants to hear.
The Head of Digital Ad Sales is responsible for day to day leadership of a sales team across WarnerMedia’s digital portfolio with a strong focus on driving revenue and strategy for agencies across our digital platforms. The primary function is to successfully cover and service the agencies to garner digital advertising revenue. This leader is responsible for:
- Provide guidance and leadership to the Digital Ad Sales team across WarnerMedia’s digital portfolio including, HBOMax, CNN, Entertainment and Programmatic.
- Inspiring, motivating and leading a sales team while ensuring pipeline tracker of activity is on the upward trajectory
- Developing and execute on overall strategy of across all digital platforms for revenue growth
- Maintain, grow and develop new strategic partnerships
- Deliver marketers a superior advertising experience that drives business outcomes, commands premium pricing, while putting our fans first
- Oversee specialized Programmatic team focused on helping clients utilize innovative data and technology solutions which help deliver high value precision targeting to the across the WarnerMedia portfolio
- Highly collaborative role, which involves partnering with the with various departments across the organization, including but not limited to, sales planning and account service teams, linear sales teams, client partnerships, addressable sales teams, marketing, product, research, etc. to maximize content development and partnership opportunities
- Remain an influential presence in advertising and media communities
- Helping to determine success metrics driven by engagement and achievement of revenue goals for sales team
- 10+ years’ experience in advertising, media and relevant sales management roles
- Proven track record translating partnerships into results for advertisers
- Significant experience in digital advertising sales, understanding and delivering direct and programmatic sales
- A change leader with experience guiding new teams to deliver revenue
- Established relationships with key client contacts within the market
- Outstanding leadership skills with the ability to initiate change and motivate team to produce innovative and creative results
- Ability to perform at a high level even when faced with unexpected change; creative problem solver in dealing with difficult or unexpected challenges
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strategic thinker, creative problem solver, resourceful
- Experience working with the studio, beverage, auto, telecom and insurance industries a plus
- Exceptional ability to develop and maintain cross-functional relationships
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
But Wait, There’s More!
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands