Head of Feature Film Finance
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
United States - California - Burbank
Apr. 13, 2021
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit OverviewWarner Bros. Pictures Group (WBPG) produces, markets and distributes Warner Bros.’ slate of approximately 20 movies a year, including films from New Line Cinema. Our movies have generated industry-leading box office results and have won multiple Academy Awards in recent years. Warner Bros. Pictures is a global leader in the international marketing and distribution of feature films, operating in more than 30 countries and releasing films in more than 120 territories.
Opportunity OverviewThe Job
Warner Bros. Pictures, a division of WarnerMedia Studios & Networks, seeks a Head of Feature Film Finance. Reporting to the CFO of Studios & Networks, the Head of Feature Film Finance, will oversee all aspects of finance-related matters and business affairs support for feature films. This individual will interface with senior management on business developments and provide effective and timely feedback on financial performance and key decisions. This executive will be a key advisor and business partner to the Film Group COO and head of business affairs.
- Lead the creation of economic analysis of film-related transactions for both Warner and New Line
- Lead the development of film financial models related to greenlight P&L’s, talent backends, co-financings, distribution deals, tax deals, buyouts, acquisitions, etc.
- Participate in negotiations, drafting of documents, and administration for all manner of film-related arrangements
- Prepare summaries of overall slate profitability and assessments of feature film strategic initiatives – e.g., HBO Max Originals, D&D release, the evolution of release windowing, participations and residuals, co-financing, slate composition, etc.
- Work closely with FP&A department to ensure that company financials reflect the various film-related arrangements – e.g., projections of calendar operating income and cash flow, the impact of alternative scenarios, etc.
- Issue ultimates reports for licensees and co-financing partners, tax shelter reporting, and buyouts
- Maintain various databases and archival data – e.g., ultimates and greenlight estimates databases, master title list databases, etc.
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations on film-related topics
- This executive will have broad responsibility for ensuring smooth and efficient financial operations.
- Monitor financial performance against budgets and forecasts and keep senior management apprised of progress, deviations, opportunities, and risks.
- Manage the preparation of long-term financial plans, budgets, and monthly forecasts.
- Lead accounting for feature film production costs, development and overhead deals, music, and soundtrack publishing
- Lead accounting for the theatrical release and distribution of the Warner English and local language film slates, managing the financial process of marketing spending, etc. – e.g., issuing PO’s for media spots, auditing ad placements
- Coordinate financial activities with various other WB’s finance and other shared service groups.
- Maintain and enhance strong internal controls.
- Recruit, retain, and develop talent capable of becoming world-class financial leaders.
- 15+ years of progressive experience in financial management and demonstrated experience in a large dynamic, fast-paced corporate environment.
- Experience in the global media/entertainment industry, including experience in feature film business affairs and with theatrical/film operations.
- Highly level of proficiency in Excel modelling.
- Strong current knowledge of US GAAP.
- Communicate effectively in real-time and operate collaboratively with other senior leaders.
- Lead effectively with minimal guidance with trust, integrity, and respect.
- Excellent ability to manage multiple projects and hit aggressive deadlines.
- A bachelors’ degree in Finance or Accounting.
- MBA and/or CPA a plus.
But Wait, There’s More!
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands