Manager, US Health & Wellness
United States - New York - New York
Apr. 12, 2021
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.HBO is one of the most respected and innovative entertainment brands in the world, serving iconic, award-winning programming to 140 million subscribers globally. A subsidiary of WarnerMedia, HBO is the world’s most successful pay TV service with an extensive array of programming that includes some of the most notable titles to be on television, including drama series Succession®, Watchmen®, Westworld®, Big Little Lies®, Game of Thrones®, The Sopranos®, Band of Brothers® and The Wire®, as well as comedy series Barry®, Insecure® and Sex and the City®. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
Opportunity OverviewThe Job
The Health & Wellness Manager will participate in the strategic development of health and wellness initiatives targeted to the employee population throughout the United States. This individual will promote the understanding of factors that impact employee health and wellness and allow for them to strive and attain a holistic well-being lifestyle. Responsibilities include producing wellness initiatives and events onsite in New York, managing partner relationships and facilities, and driving the program toward industry best practices.
- Design and development of the organization's well-being strategy from inception to execution and evaluation.
- Defines program timelines and milestones, communication plans, key success indicators and metrics needed to identify expected outcomes and measure the ROI of well-being programs and initiatives.
- Analyze data from WarnerMedia Corporate and wellness vendors to shape strategy around employee culture of health and well-being. Partner with WarnerMedia and AT&T Benefits teams to execute health and wellness initiatives.
- Manages the efforts of our Wellness Ambassadors and Facility Managers at various locations to evaluate the needs of target audience and tailor wellness programs that speak directly to those groups of people.
- Develops and delivers onsite, online and on demand well-being program offerings both independently and by partnering with providers, including but not limited to: onsite wellness services, group fitness activities, wellness challenges, educational workshops, financial well-being programs.
- Oversees vendor relationships by serving as the main point of contact for internal company and external providers, vendors, and community resources, including fostering and developing those relationships.
- Helps develop content and review of all domestic communications that articulate the value and increase engagement in mental health and work life programs available to employees and their dependents.
- Conducts best practice and benchmarking research of external programs and maintains a network with other companies to stay current with best practices to drive continuous improvement of employee health and wellbeing, and to decrease employer costs on a year over year basis.
- Responsible for data gathering and analyzing to measure wellness programs success and providing reporting to senior management on regular basis.
- Partners internally with other WarnerMedia and AT&T business units to gain employee feedback and coordinate events and communication.
- May require local travel and occasional weekend work for certain events.
- Due to the location of events and company onsite facilities, this is a Hudson Yards, New York based position.
- BA/BS degree in Wellness or Exercise Science fields preferred
- Comprehensive working knowledge of employee wellness programming concepts
- Experience in employee benefit programs
- Strong project management skills are required
- Exhibit leadership qualities and ability to manage others
- Requires excellent communication skills, including written, interpersonal, and public speaking
- Ability to connect and build meaningful relationships with all levels of the organization and external vendors
- Must be able to work independently and manage multiple tasks, with the ability to shift priorities to meet deadlines
- Must possess strong analytical skills
- Strong computer skills, especially with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must be a collaborative team player
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills with ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent organizational and follow-through skills
- Ability to work well and multitask in a fast-paced environment
- 5 or more years of previous Wellness experience preferred
- Athletic event participation and planning experience preferred
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs
But Wait, There’s More!
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands