Sr. Business Intelligence Engineer
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
United States - California - Burbank
Apr. 13, 2021
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Opportunity OverviewThe Job
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks a Sr. Business Intelligence Engineer for the Data Services: Global Insights & Marketing Ops department. The Warner Media Technology Operations’ Data Services leads and owns the enterprise data analytics platforms, strategy, and insights delivery in Tableau and other BI platforms for users across Warner Media’s Warner Bros, HBO Max, HBO, CNN, Turners, TNT, DC, Xandr, Fullscreen, Ellen and TMZ brands.
As a Senior Business Intelligence Engineer, you will leverage your strong technical skills to develop metrics, frameworks, and analytical approaches to better understand the nuance around content, media, and product performance for Warner Media’s owned and operated sites and digital products. This role from the Business Intelligence team is focused on enabling data-driven decision making and providing actionable insights to our business and executives across Global Brands and Experiences, Ellen Digital, HBO Max and eCommerce.
You are a strategic thinker who excels at delivering analytics solution and insights which are quick to market. You are interested in content, media, and product measurement and understanding how performance metrics influence the customer journey to purchase.
- Lead the application and development of quantitative frameworks to understand our vast portfolio of content, media and digital product via big data
- Dive deep into available data using SQL, Tableau, Looker, Python or other data analysis tools in your vast toolbox
- Brainstorm, develop and identify KPIs while ensuring you bring our stakeholders along for the ride
- Build aggregate datasets using ETL principles that underlay insights and visualizations; have a strong point of view on what data to prioritize
- Conduct data analyses to derive key findings and insights on content, media and product performance
- Assist in building out insights decks by leveraging available data
- Partner with Business and Data Engineer on creation of actionable Tableau reporting
- Bachelor's degree, MS or greater in quantitative field of study (Business Analytics, Computer Science, Information System, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Marketing Analytics etc.)
- 5-6 years of relevant experience: Delivering business intelligence and dashboard solutions
- Advanced skills in SQL
- Advanced skills in BI tools such as Tableau and Looker
- Advanced skills in Snowflake, Teradata, and/or Oracle
- Robust experience using Python in data-focused full stack environments (from data wrangling, to analysis, to visualizations)
- Demonstrable skills building responsive data visualizations
- An expert who can tell a story with data
- Ability to work with multiple and disparate data sets, sources, formats, etc.
- Must be independent
- Must be curious
- Must work well under time constraints
- Must handle multiple tasks with changing priorities
- Must communicate effectively
- Must maintain confidentiality
- Experience in the digital media and entertainment strongly preferred
- Masters Degree strongly preferred
- Experience with front-end frameworks/languages a plus
But Wait, There’s More!
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands