Sr Financial Analyst
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
United States - California - Burbank
Apr. 07, 2021
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit OverviewWarner Bros. corporate functions provide specialized knowledge and expertise to support our vast portfolio of businesses like DC Comics, Warner Bros. Pictures, Warner Bros. Television Group and Warner Bros. Consumer Products.
Opportunity OverviewThe Job
Warner Media Studios seeks a Director, Planning and Analysis to join the by-title P&L reporting team within FP&A. This individual would support the consolidation and by-title reporting process for Warner Media products and Warner Bros.’ divisions for Actual and Plan (i.e. Budget, Forecast, Monthly Update, Long Term Plan) periods.
- Act as liaison and assume reporting & analysis responsibilities for by-title business units (Games, Consumer Products) and various direct-to-consumer/other business units (DC Entertainment, Global Brands & Experiences, WB Digital Networks, Theatre Ventures, WB Studio Operations, Technology, Corporate)
- Prepare the divisional workpapers with film cost calculated by-title where applicable for all actual, monthly update, forecast and budget cycles. Includes analyzing by-title or source driven revenue/costs and the identifying issues and open items.
- Review the financial outlook submission to Warner Media for all plan cycles prior to sign-off. Coordinate the submission of deliverables to Warner Media.
- Prepare consolidated (Games) and divisional by-title gross profit reports (Games, Consumer Products) as well as other management schedules (e.g. reconciliation of product line to management view, breakdown of licensing revenue, etc.).
- Responsible for the compilation and review of divisional long-range plan submissions. Analyze business unit performance and ultimately publish key metrics.
- Determine budget/forecast procedures as well as designing and implementing process improvements. Active participation in the development of consolidation reports and analysis.
- Responsible for review and analysis of intercompany eliminations between Games, Consumer Products and DC Entertainment.
- Prepare summary of the divisional submission for sister company reporting for HBO, HBO Max, Kids & Classics and Turner East to ensure accurate recording of revenue to the correct trading partner and calculation of divisional participation expense.
- Respond to inquiries from business units finance personnel as well as management from both Studios & Networks and Warner Media.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in an accounting/finance or related environment required.
- Previous experience in entertainment a plus.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required.
- Thorough knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and financial statements.
- Must have effective writing and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and logic skills including ability to grasp the “big picture” while also maintaining a strong detail orientation.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel required
But Wait, There’s More!
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands