Assistant Manager Content Planning & Scheduling
United States - New York - New York
Apr. 07, 2021
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.HBO is one of the most respected and innovative entertainment brands in the world, serving iconic, award-winning programming to 140 million subscribers globally. A subsidiary of WarnerMedia, HBO is the world’s most successful pay TV service with an extensive array of programming that includes some of the most notable titles to be on television, including drama series Succession®, Watchmen®, Westworld®, Big Little Lies®, Game of Thrones®, The Sopranos®, Band of Brothers® and The Wire®, as well as comedy series Barry®, Insecure® and Sex and the City®. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
This position supports the HBO Content Planning and Scheduling team by scheduling HBO nonlinear and linear platforms, curating HBO’s content on HBO Max as well as communicating HBO scheduling information to departments across WarnerMedia. The Assistant Manager reports to the Manager of HBO Content Planning and Scheduling.
- Evaluate and manage HBO inventory metadata for content curation and categorization in Air Table as a key stakeholder in HBO’s content integration on HBO Max.
- Schedule content across HBO Max and HBO Free On Demand nonlinear platforms as well as key dayparts on HBO plex linear channels.
- Assist Manager with communicating content priorities cross-departmentally to key stakeholders including Editorial, PR and Social teams.
- Screen content for appropriate channel placement, curatorial metadata information and daytime playability.
- Create and proof content programming documentation.
- Post and maintain Scheduling information on shared internal database.
- Review daily overnight reports to ensure scheduling accuracy.
- Collaborate on the creation of community-based collections with Editorial & Multicultural Marketing teams.
- College Degree, preferably in Television, Film, New Media and/or Business.
- 3+ years Programming/Scheduling or related experience.
- Proficiency with MS Office, Adobe Acrobat, Google Suite
- Proficiency / knowledge of Air Table preferred.
- Strong organization and communication skills.
- Ability to adapt in a fast-paced environment which may require flexible or off-hour work.
- Keen sense of pop culture, media landscape and competitive environment.
- Ability to multitask while maintaining strict attention to detail.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Talent for mastering proprietary applications.
- Extensive Film/TV knowledge.
But Wait, There’s More!
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands