Senior Manager, Production Operations - CNN Audio
United States - New York - New York
Apr. 12, 2021
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Business Unit Overview
Our StoryWe are CNN. THE WORLD’S MOST ESSENTIAL AND ENGAGING SOURCE OF DIGITAL NEWS. We are in the midst of rapid transformation and need you to help us find the next generation of innovators, makers, and dreamers who will lead and drive our growth. We aim to make the world a better, more connected place. Join us!
The Senior Manager, Production Operations, reporting into the Senior Director of Production and Technology, will oversee cross-team operational initiatives related to audio production, technical workflows, training, and support required for CNN’s entire podcast portfolio.
This person will help shepherd all daily, weekly, and limited series audio productions from start to finish, while paying particular attention to how our makers make, and what tools they need to tell their stories more easily and efficiently. From field production, to mixing and engineering, to sound design, to delivery, this role will be responsible for connecting all aspects of audio production.
We are looking for a self-starter who can prioritize both large and small projects effortlessly and can work tightly within and across teams to foster an environment that promotes growth and success for creatives who are always trying to push the envelope.
Often, our audio projects require bespoke workflows, so building and evangelizing custom systems is a large part of helping to bring production to life on a daily basis. Working closely with peers and keeping editorial goals on the forefront is required. Having a deep, hands-on, understanding of audio production trends, tools, and platforms is essential.
Prior experience as an engineer is preferred.
- Oversee the technical organization of the audio unit, securing the proper equipment, software and general standard operating practices.
- Devise training materials and workflow designs for team members based on scale of individual series/projects. This includes training for audio tools like ProTools, Adobe Audition, and industry standard plug ins.
- Build schedule, workflow, and budgeting for projects.
- Contract freelance editors and engineers when needed.
- Deploy, manage, and support all field production, including recording kits and remote recording sessions, for both show hosts and guests.
- Engineer final episodes for longform projects, including adding sound design and scoring, on occasion.
- QC final episodes and monitor uploaded content to ensure superior quality standards are met.
- Partner closely with technical counterparts at CNN digital ensure consistent workflow.
- 7+ years of technical audio experience, with preferably 3 years in an
- audio newsroom.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Extensive knowledge of podcasting and digital audio industry.
- Expert level knowledge of ProTools and other industry standard DAWS
- like Logic Pro X and Adobe Audition.
- Superior editing, engineer and recording skills.
- Work with agility in a rapidly changing environment
- Experience leading, mentoring, and inspiring teams in a fast-paced
- audio environment
- Strong collaboration, communication, excellent teamwork and team-
- building skills. Ability to thrive under pressure with diverse staff and
- Flexibility with operating in a 24/7 environment
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for
- An to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
But Wait, There’s More!
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands