Senior Staff, Product Management
United States - New York - New York
Apr. 13, 2021
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Business Unit Overview
Our StoryWe are CNN. THE WORLD’S MOST ESSENTIAL AND ENGAGING SOURCE OF DIGITAL NEWS. We are in the midst of rapid transformation and need you to help us find the next generation of innovators, makers, and dreamers who will lead and drive our growth. We aim to make the world a better, more connected place. Join us!
Opportunity OverviewThe Job
WarnerMedia seeks a Senior Staff, Product Management for the Core News, Web, Product department. We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN. At CNN Digital, we obsess over delivering the best user experiences to our digital news consumers, in which our mobile apps play a key role. As we transform our mobile application experiences, we are looking for the right product lead to be at the helm to pilot this new journey with us.
You are a product manager with a passion for building world-class consumer mobile application experiences. You understand that mobile applications consist of both the user experience features as well as platform capabilities that sit underneath. You follow the latest updates in mobile operating systems and are excited by what new user experiences could be powered by them. You have a deep curiosity for the news and media world and see countless opportunities to improve today’s consumer experiences using technology. You champion the voices of the CNN users and drive value for the users that also align with CNN’s long-term business strategy. You can translate the user needs to different functional groups, including technical as well as editorial teams. Even though you dream big, you understand the nitty-gritty of what it takes to ship a world-class product with numerous stakeholders. You appreciate that an idea is worth nothing without execution and that execution manifests in small increments of continuous iteration. You are biased towards action, love getting in the details, and set a high bar for everyone around you.
- You will be leading our mobile product team to define and deliver the future of the iOS and Android apps for CNN Digital.
- Define, evolve, and execute on the short and long-term roadmap for the CNN mobile app, including user experiences and mobile platform capabilities.
- Partner with other product managers and stakeholders to ensure a thoughtful and consistent cross-platform experience.
- Discover new opportunities with User Research partners through intensive design sprints.
- Establish and implement product success metrics, measurement framework, and internal reporting processes by partnering with data platform and analytics teams.
- Champion product excellence in all the user experiences we ship.
- 12 years of professional experience, a with a minimum 5 years of Product Management experience with full product ownership.
- Experience in building consumer mobile products - user experiences and/or mobile platform.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a proven track record of managing various stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, HCI, or related technical field.
- Experience in building consumer media products.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a thirst for learning.
But Wait, There’s More!
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands