Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.HBO is one of the most respected and innovative entertainment brands in the world, serving iconic, award-winning programming to 140 million subscribers globally. A subsidiary of WarnerMedia, HBO is the world’s most successful pay TV service with an extensive array of programming that includes some of the most notable titles to be on television, including drama series Succession®, Watchmen®, Westworld®, Big Little Lies®, Game of Thrones®, The Sopranos®, Band of Brothers® and The Wire®, as well as comedy series Barry®, Insecure® and Sex and the City®. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
Build the Future of Entertainment
HBO Max is WarnerMedia’s direct-to-consumer (DTC) offering launched May 2020. With over 10,000 hours of curated premium content at launch, HBO Max offers powerhouse programming for everyone in the home, bringing together HBO, a robust slate of new original series, key third-party licensed programs and movies, and fan favorites from WarnerMedia’s rich library, including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more.
Our DTC Technology team had laid the foundation for HBO Max and now we need to improve and scale our system worldwide. We need highly motivated, uniquely skilled, and technically agile experts across a variety of disciplines to accomplish things that have never been done before.
We are the team creating the next generation of content management tools for HBO Max. Our infrastructure and tools help editors create great content for our customers. We build tools that allow our marketing and publishing teams give our customers the best experience possible. We are looking for a Staff Engineer to help us meet our challenges of scalability, internationalization and simplifying complex tasks.
As a Staff Engineer, you will be driving technical direction, architecting solutions for large scalable systems worldwide. You will help define the overall CMS platform capabilities. You will also mentor, guide and help grow other engineers on the team. We are responsible for building software that curates and creates everything the user interacts with. Making easy to use, flexible tools that simplify complicated tasks is our primary goal. By working on our team, you can say you built the very best streaming platform in the world!
- Design and maintain a platform that will let HBO Max provide customized content
- Implement systems and services that are transparent, flexible and easy to operate
- Work with the publishing and marketing teams to meet their goals and allow them to experiment on the platform.
- Work across teams, disciplines and the organization to build out your vision of the best streaming platform CMS in the world.
- Have experience mentoring more junior engineers
- Be able to document, communicate, breakdown and distribute your technical designs across the team and the organization
- Enjoy working in a team setting with engineers of varying degrees of experience
- Embrace standards where they make sense, and help evolve them where they need improvement
- Work in multiple languages and pick the right tool(s) for the job at hand
- Experience with at least one of the cloud services (AWS, GCP, Axure)
- Experience with NodeJS and / or Typescript
- Relational and / or non-relational database experience (PostgreSQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB)
- HBO exclusive events
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
But Wait, There’s More!The Perks
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.