United States - New York - New York
Apr. 05, 2021
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.HBO is one of the most respected and innovative entertainment brands in the world, serving iconic, award-winning programming to 140 million subscribers globally. A subsidiary of WarnerMedia, HBO is the world’s most successful pay TV service with an extensive array of programming that includes some of the most notable titles to be on television, including drama series Succession®, Watchmen®, Westworld®, Big Little Lies®, Game of Thrones®, The Sopranos®, Band of Brothers® and The Wire®, as well as comedy series Barry®, Insecure® and Sex and the City®. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
- Review features within HBO Max to provide advice on a range of consumer experience compliance issues, with a focus on consumer protection (e.g. consumer disclosures, autorenewal statutes, etc.).
- Draft and negotiate contracts, including agency agreements, co-promotional agreements, platform agreements, licensing, digital and emerging tech transactions.
- Ability to project manage content clearance administrators on campaign review and clearance.
- Juris Doctorate (J.D.) degree from an ABA accredited law school required.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, business sense, and the ability to make practical evaluations of risk.
- Must be able to provide direct, plain-spoken advice to clients (no legalese) and effectively and collaboratively communicate to colleagues and clients at all levels
- Must be a problem solver who works as a business partner with clients.
- Valid California or New York Bar membership (in good standing) required.
But Wait, There’s More!
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands