DevOps Release Engineer
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Apr. 07, 2021
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
WarnerMedia seeks a DevOps Release Engineer for the MDP-Dev Ops department. The AMS DevOps team is seeking an experienced Release Manager to support the software infrastructure pipeline used to manage the AMS suite of tools. As a critical member of the team, you will partner with the AMS application teams to manage the automated build and deploy processes for infrastructure and custom software in a fast, reliable and consistent fashion while meeting audit and security requirements for key SOX systems. Your work will be critical to the expansion of the AMS stack as WarnerMedia continues to integrate HBO and Turner brands and business processes and as it migrates applications to the cloud from on-prem hosting environments.
- Deploy code releases and database scripts to our on-prem and cloud environments.
- Collaborate with dev teams on application and infrastructure configurations.
- Provide expert technical assistance and troubleshooting for multiple development teams and related-infrastructure groups.
- Communicate effectively and clearly with development teams within the organization.
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related experience.
- Experience working as release manager or support engineer in a DevOps-centric environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of DevOps methodology and practices.
- Experience with SOX, PII, GDPR or a similar compliance framework.
- Experience with Windows-based infrastructure, including networking concepts.
- Experience with PowerShell and Microsoft Desired State Configuration (DSC).
- Azure DevOps, Team Foundation Server and/or Visual Studio Team Services Build Systems.
- Understanding of SQL and NoSQL (MongoDB, PostgreSQL) database technologies.
- Understanding of cloud technologies including AWS (specifically AWS fargate, ECS, Route 53, and IAM Policy) or Azure.
- Ability to take a complex task and work independently, asking for assistance when needed.
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements and deliver results in fast-paced environment.
- 24/7 availability for off-hours releases.
But Wait, There’s More!
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands