Technical Production Manager - CNN
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Apr. 08, 2021
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Business Unit Overview
This is our storyWe are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
Opportunity OverviewThis is our story.
CNN Technical Operations is at the center of our global live media experience. We are the team with a front row seat to every story, every show, and every event as history is made before our eyes. We are a home for opportunities: to be part of the action, to grow, to develop, and to influence. We are the spirit behind the movement to #gothere. We are CNN. Will you join us?
Technical Production Managers are the backbone of every production, meticulously coordinating all logistics and live guests in CNN’s live control rooms.
- Working with editorial & production teams to book studios and live locations
- Facilitating technical & logistical traffic to support live news shows
- Booking vendor studios and transmissions for live shots
- Rolling satellite trucks for field production for live air
- Safeguarding CNN air ensuring that feeds meet CNN quality standards
- Working with show directors to set-up look of live show elements
- Assigning, establishing and coordinating IFB and PL lines in the live control room
- Responsible for managing & maintaining control room intercom show files and incoming router assignments
- Supporting editorial & production staff on use of control room technology
- You are a news enthusiast
- You have a high-level of production knowledge and technical know-how, strong communications skills and drive to be the best
- An ability to work in a high pressure, 24/7 news environment
- You've worked in live TV production for 5+ years
- You have a strong working knowledge of AZ Edit, Evertz multi-viewers and iNews
- An undergraduate degree or relevant experience with lines, satellite and fiber assets, technical facilities and live control room experience
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for
- An to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
But Wait, There’s More!
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands