United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Apr. 07, 2021
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Opportunity OverviewThe Job
The Applications Architect is a vital player on our team. We’re looking for someone who has thorough professional experience leading a team of people to produce outstanding applications that users love. You’ll be a full stack web developer, helping to design and build new applications and feature sets to support things that the business hasn’t done before. In addition, you’ll be responsible for setting technical direction, writing quality code, unit testing, sharing & reviewing code, establishing coding standards and patterns for other developers as well as working closely with product and QA resources to research and design new features for Aerial, our linear and digital inventory application, written in react.js and node.js hosted in AWS (ECS, S3, CloudFront, Lambdas) leveraging mongoDB.
- Be passionate about software development
- Take pride and ownership over the areas of the application in which you work
- Collaborate with analysts, testers and fellow developers to plan each sprint
- Collaborate with fellow developers to design the application features for each sprint
- Be responsible for implementing full-stack features
- Have cloud security and best practices in mind when designing and developing features
- Work with testers to identify and resolve any defects found during testing
- 8+ years of full-stack software development experience
- 4+ years of experience programming in React.js & node.js
- 3+ years of experience creating & consuming RESTful services
- 3+ years of experience with AWS components
- 3+ years of experience with git source control
- 3+ years working on teams using an agile methodology (SCRUM, FDD, XP, DSDM, etc.)
- 1+ years of MongoDB experience
- Demonstrated experience architecting enterprise software
- Demonstrated experience leading other developers
- BS or MS in Computer Science, MBA, MIS, or equivalent education, training, and/or experience
- Ability to collaborate with the team, including leading & participating in design sessions, story grooming sessions, and code reviews
- Experience across the software development life cycle, from analysis to support.
- Demonstrated teamwork skills
- Good communications skills (written/verbal), with emphasis on demonstrated ability to convey complex technical principles to non-technical audiences
But Wait, There’s More!
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands