Standards & Practices Editorial Coordinator
Editorial, Programming, Television Development
United Kingdom - London
Apr. 07, 2021
Opportunity OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others. The organisation also includes Xandr’s suite of advanced advertising solutions designed to help to improve advertising for brands, publishers, and consumers.
Reporting to the Director of Standards & Practices, the Editorial Coordinator will be responsible for applying the standards and practices for all kids content acquired and in production for WarnerMedia services across EMEA.
The primary purpose of this role is to ensure that local regulatory requirements and cultural sensitivities, as well as WarnerMedia’s internal Kids’ Code, are applied and considered for all linear and non-linear content across Kids and Young Adult content in EMEA.
- Support in the implementation of the WarnerMedia Kids’ Code across all EMEA content, providing notes and capturing all information in the department's systems and databases.
- Assist in the screening and evaluation of all pre-production materials (premises, outlines, storyboards, animatics, and cut masters) providing guidance and concise notes to our US & EMEA production departments and studios within tight deadlines.
- Work closely with the wider team, to flag any issues found in content in order to ensure content meets our standards and brand criteria.
- Assist the team in providing accurate data and provision of parental age ratings, reports, and dubbing guidelines.
- Take part in regular meetings with the editorial teams to ensure that issues are discussed and dealt with in a timely and organized manner.
- Manage upwards effectively, ensuring that the Director and wider team are fully aware of any issues, difficulties, or problems likely to arise.
- Keep abreast of changes in regulatory issues and public attitudes in the region.
- An interest in children’s media, education, and/or children’s publishing.
- Able to work as part of a fast-paced editorial team with a consumer focus.
- A love of storytelling and a general understanding of production and editing techniques.
- Good command of English language, written and verbal.
- Strong communication and persuasion skills.
- Excellent eye for detail.
- Sound judgment and positive outlook.
- Tenacious and adept at problem-solving.
- Experience in broadcast or production.
- Knowledge of television regulation.
- Understanding of children and child development.
Our people make WM the inspiring organisation it is today.
At WarnerMedia, our commitment starts with you! As a company of storytellers and journalists, we have a responsibility to make sure we have a collection of voices and people whose stories reflect and connect with the global audiences and communities we serve.
WarnerMedia, and its suite of brands like Warner Bros., CNN, HBO Max, HBO, TNT, TBS, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Boomerang, and many more, have long been committed to equity and inclusion as moral and business imperatives. It is essential that our content and creative partners reflect the diversity of our society and the world around us. Together with other production companies, networks, guilds, unions, talent agencies, and others in the industry, WarnerMedia is committed to greater inclusion of people of colour, women, the LGBTQ community, those with disabilities, and other underrepresented groups in greater numbers both in front of and behind the camera.
There really has never been a better and more exciting time to join WarnerMedia. For more information on how to join our company and our commitment to diversity and inclusion, please click here.