Software Engineer (Build & Automation)
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Engineering, Game Development/Publishing
United States - Massachusetts - Needham
Apr. 06, 2021
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Business Unit OverviewWB Games Boston, is a Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment development studio focused on creating free-to-play games for mobile platforms. The studio is utilizing its extensive expertise in creating persistent online worlds that foster powerful social gaming communities to develop its hit mobile game, Game of Thrones: Conquest.
Opportunity OverviewThe Job
WB Games Boston seeks a talented Software Engineer (temporary) to work on our Build and Automation Engineering platform, supporting Game of Thrones: Conquest mobile, and other titles.
We use a DevOps approach to continuous integration (CI) with cloud-based solutions to help build and test our products as well as provide automation to improve developer experience and efficiency.
This is a long term (up to 2 years) temporary position that is eligible for most company benefits.
- Suggest and implement improvements to our automated testing framework
- Identify existing manual testing processes that would benefit from automation
- Develop customer focused solutions to improve product quality, and support a data driven development approach
- Strong software development skills including coding (C#, Java and Python preferred)
- Familiarity with Unity and/or other game engines (UE3, Cocos, etc)
- Experience working with Jenkins or other continuous integration software
- Self-motivated, interested in pro-actively identifying and dealing with issues before they arise
- Ability and desire to work in a collaborative environment and effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical team members
- 2+ years’ experience working on games or mobile applications
- Proficiency working with automated testing tools, such as Appium or Selenium
- Experience playing mobile games is not necessary but is a huge plus!
But Wait, There’s More!
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands