Sr. Privacy Analyst- Brand Support
United States - California - Burbank
Jun. 09, 2021
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Warner Media seeks a Sr. Privacy Analyst – Brand Support for the Legal Privacy department.
The WarnerMedia Privacy & Data Strategy Legal Team helps drive the digital agenda for WarnerMedia, advising teams on how to use, share and protect our data to manage regulatory, brand and litigation risk across all of our products.
The Privacy Compliance Operations and Projects team is a group of privacy professionals who work alongside lawyers to deliver key projects, as well as drive privacy compliance across the enterprise. The Sr. Privacy Analyst, Brand Support has knowledge of privacy and data compliance issues and works collaboratively with lawyers and business stakeholders to manage privacy operations, deliver practical advice, enable projects and implement privacy by design across the WM businesses.
The Sr. Privacy Analyst, Brand Support will report to the Executive Director, Privacy Operations. It is also expected that this person will assist the Sr. Privacy Manager, Brand Support in mentoring more junior team members assigned to brand support initiatives. Applicants to this role should expect to work on high-visibility, consumer-facing projects and work with many of the program’s key stakeholders. Key brands this role will engage with include HBOMax, CNN, DC, Wizarding World, and Warner Bros. Interactive.
Brand Support: Asset Onboarding, Internal Privacy Inbox, Brand Requirements, Project Support, Stakeholder Management, Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs), Comms & Training
- Work with privacy lawyers to provide expert advice and guidance to brands and data teams
- Manage a repository of guidance / training and make available to stakeholders, flagging instances where guidance conflict with or should be incorporated into policies, standards, procedures, or guidelines
- Support technology teams in translating legal requirements into specifications and identify potential privacy issues prior to launch of new assets
- Proactively identify privacy risks in processes and systems and propose mitigations
- Draft processes, procedures, documents, presentations and guidance as required
- Partner with privacy attorneys and Compliance Ops and Projects team to write content for global privacy trainings or role-based trainings
- Support the completion of data privacy impact assessments
- Support privacy project activities as needed, including the deployment of privacy compliance changes, user testing and creation of training materials
- Manage inquiries coming into internal privacy inboxes
- Review brand compliance following significant projects
- Experience in a privacy/data protection related field
- Bonus points for: Consulting/Project experience, Customer Service experience, legal operations experience, compliance operations experience
- Experience working with product teams and understanding of software development approaches and lifecycles
- Entertainment industry experience a plus
- BA/BS degree in relevant field
- IAPP Certification a plus
- Technology savvy and capable of issue spotting privacy problems
- Strong analytical skills; able to understand and problem solve for complex issues
- Privacy knowledge and/or willingness and enthusiasm to dig into privacy issues
- Experienced in documenting and implementing procedures, controls, and guidelines
- Advanced MS Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
- Experienced with OneTrust use and configuration
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail at all times, even with the most routine tasks.
But Wait, There’s More!
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands