Production Manager - CNN Audio
United States - New York - New York
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Opportunity OverviewCNN Audio – We are your ears to the ground.CNN Audio is creating even more ways to connect with and engage directly with our listeners. Our content takes a facts-first, immersive and authentic approach. Whether it’s diving further into the biggest issues that affect the globe with some of our most celebrated anchors and reporters or looking back at a moment in history with added context, CNN Audio keeps you in the know. Our team is comprised of the best, and most passionate storytellers who cover topics across health and COVID, politics, breaking news, culture, race and equality, international affairs and more.The Job The Production Manager will serve as the technical and logistical lead for CNN Audio showcasts and news briefings, working with a Supervising Producer to manage multiple shifts of producers and editors. You will help lead a team of producers and editors who will be creating content on an hourly basis. The ideal candidate is passionate about audio, team building and organizational efficiency.The Daily
- Schedule and lead teams responsible for showcast and news brief productions
- Create organization processes and systems to enhance team efficiency
- Coordinate with editorial/product/technical teams on workflow priorities
- Ensure products are delivered on-time and meet the highest editorial and technical standards
- Edit, Mix, Master daily and hourly episodes
- Schedule producer, editors, freelancers for showcast and news briefing production
- Quality control of products
- Coordinate with editorial, product, technical and other internal teams on news updates, technical considerations, promo records and ad placement
- 4+ years’ experience with audio engineering, troubleshooting, and editing with a strong understanding of audio production
- Bachelors or technical degree
- Prior experience with coordinating schedules and budgets as well as a thorough understanding of the physical and technical processes needed for audio production.
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to collaborate with others
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience recruiting and assessing staffing needs
- Ability to prioritize, set expectations and meet deliverables in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Excel, Monday.com, Airtable or other organizational team systems
- Proficiency with Pro Tools, Adobe Audition, and/or other DAWs
- Proficiency with analog and digital audio gear, including microphones, recorders, interfaces
- Flexibility with operating in a 24/7 news environment
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.