Marketing Coordinator, Sports
United States - New York - New York
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Opportunity OverviewThe Job The Turner Sports / NBA Digital Marketing Coordinator will assist the Marketing Manager on the development and execution of sponsorship programs across Turner Sports & NBA Digital assets including the NBA App, NBA.com, NBA TV Direct-to-Consumer, and NBA TV & NBA on TNT social campaigns.
- Manage the RFP process internally when submitted by Turner Sports or NBA Account Executives on behalf of agencies, clients or Official Marketing Partners.
- Development of sponsorship packages leveraging the strength of Turner Sports digital and linear properties and Bleacher Report
- Assisting in the preparation and development of PowerPoint presentations and one-sheets for sales proposals as well as internal and external projects
- Maintain a tracker of PITCHED and SOLD digital sponsorship programs to ensure seamless transition between the pre and post-sale campaign phases
- Coordination with pre and post sale linear teams on digital programs that support TV executions
- Lead and oversee the day-to-day implementation of sponsored elements by developing key relationships and becoming a strong liaison with production
- Responsibilities for execution of sponsored programs include:
- collecting client creative assets and working with design on mocks and client feedback
- confirming the correct implementation of sponsored content across all digital and social platforms
- coordinating execution calls with relevant specialists on editorial, product, social, marketing teams
- Summarizing and analyzing research data to support presentations/projects
- Tracking competitive advertising, monitor promotions marketplace activity and help maintain competitive tracking data and marketplace trends
- Tracking, logging, and clipping of promotions executed on Turner Sports Properties
- Coordination and participation in brainstorming sessions with key editorial stakeholders
- Assist the Marketing Manager in organizing weekly team meetings to discuss sponsorship updates with NBA Product teams.
- Assisting in the creation of fully integrated 'Media Kits' with sponsor opportunities across the Turner Sports portfolio (NBA, MLB, ELEAGUE, NCAA, Bleacher Report) and working in collaboration with Presentation Design
- Frequently updating Sales Management on active pitches and opportunities that have sold
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in any discipline; major in marketing/advertising or communications a plus
- 1-3 years of professional experience. Plus if the experience is in the sports, digital or social space with an enthusiasm specifically for the NBA and an interest in brand partnerships.
- Must be outgoing, organized, efficient, team player, resourceful, creative and able to balance multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal communication skills; with good judgment and ability to interact with different levels of management and team
- Exceptionally organized and detail-oriented team player with ability to successfully multitask and meet deadlines
- Be a pro-active, self-starter that takes initiative and anticipates team needs
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word); Adobe Photoshop / InDesign a major plus
- Superior knowledge of social media platforms and the latest trends, knowledge of branded content production, and experience with OTT platforms is a plus
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.