Project Manager, HBO Max
United States - California - Burbank
Jun. 22, 2021
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Opportunity OverviewHBO Max is the future of entertainment and storytelling. WarnerMedia’s streaming entertainment offering, HBO Max launched in May 2020 and is the culmination of some of the most innovative new technology and greatest creative talent in the industry. Anchored by the entire HBO service, arguably the greatest brand in television, HBO Max also features fan favorites from the WarnerMedia library including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more. HBO Max is home to key third-party library acquisitions such as Friends, South Park and Doctor Who, and more than 50 exclusive Originals in its first year, from the likes of groundbreaking creative talent such as J.J. Abrams, Ridley Scott, Jordan Peele, Steven Soderbergh, Michael Mann, Mindy Kaling, Reese Witherspoon, Anna Kendrick, Greg Berlanti, Melissa McCarthy, Robert Zemeckis and other visionaries. Find out more information at HBOMax.com.
The ideal candidate is well-versed in project management processes, thrives in a fast-paced environment, and relishes taking complete ownership of projects from beginning to end. You understand project management guidelines but also have the creative ability to customize processes for faster and more effective delivery given varying environments. You are not afraid to operate in an atmosphere that is dynamic and sometimes ambiguous and are able to take the initiative to bring in structure where needed. As a Project Manager, you will manage multiple projects simultaneously. Within this environment, you will work with a project team to set, measure, and achieve goals targeted at delivering high quality services for various HBO Max workstreams and client teams. You will be responsible for scheduling and communicating expectations for each of your projects. The right candidate will be able to successfully multitask across diverse business groups and dynamically learn new businesses and technological constructs as needed.
- Leverage best-in-class project management processes and frameworks to provide structure, build momentum, and enable effective communication between all project stakeholders
- Develop effective project plans, Gantt charts, and other customized deliverables to model project delivery timelines and inform project scope and resourcing
- Balance high quality standards, creativity, and innovation on all project deliverables, synthesizing project status into powerful visual presentations for senior stakeholders
- Provide structure and momentum to program and project management activities through detailed note taking and action item identification and management
- Facilitate communication amongst cross-functional stakeholders, tying together and sequencing efforts across different teams throughout HBO Max and WarnerMedia teams
- Collaborate with Project Managers, Technical Program Managers, Product Managers, SMEs, and stakeholders across a variety of functions across WarnerMedia business units
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in Project Management.
- Experience managing digital and web-based (.com) projects
- Experience with project and portfolio management tools such as Smartsheet, JIRA, and Confluence
- Demonstrated communication, presentation, and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to stay focused on driving goals, regardless of macro business environmental conditions
- Experience establishing processes to support business stakeholder communication, project tracking, and project delivery
- PMI PMP Certification preferred
- Big4, consulting and/or professional services experience preferred