Construction Project Engineer
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
United States - California - Burbank
Feb. 19, 2021
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit OverviewWarner Bros. Studio Operations (WBSO) oversees the physical operations of the historic 110-acre main lot in Burbank including its 30 soundstages and 20-acre backlot, as well as production-related services including costume, set-dressing, construction, set lighting, catering, transportation, photography and much more. The production site also hosts tours for consumers offering guests intimate views at the inner workings of thriving entertainment studios.
Opportunity OverviewThe Job
Warner Bros. Studio Operations seeks a Construction Project Engineer for the Construction Services department.
Become an integral member of the Warner Bros. Studio Construction Management Team. Provide Preconstruction and Project Engineering guidance on a wide variety of Special Projects (renovations, new buildings, screening rooms, editing facilities, sound stages, lot wide utility infrastructure improvements, etc). On a vast majority of Special Projects, Warner Bros. Studios will act as Owner Builder (hiring the design consultants, as well as the subcontractors directly). This will allow for quicker starts and shorter schedules.
- Primary contact for Clients & Consultants, often leading meetings to gain a thorough understanding of the client’s requirements. This person will provide direction to the Consultant Team & will be responsible for moving the project forward & seeing it through to completion.
- Responsible for conceptual budgeting & timeline to set targets for future projects. Oversees budget and planning during the course of the project. Recommends concepts to reduce expenses and improve productivity. Manage all change orders.
- Once the project is approved, negotiate & solicit bids from subcontractors on behalf of the Company. Prepare the scope of work comparisons for review and approval.
- Once a subcontractor has been selected, work closely with WB Legal to finalize contractual agreements. Primary contact for other internal departments including Labor Relations, HR, Security, Safety, HazMat, Electrical, Plumbing, A/C.
- Manage subcontractors to ensure that all long lead items are being ordered in accordance with the schedule requirements.
- Supervise Design Consultants during the process to ensure they submit a plan check on time.
- Oversee all aspects & provide guidance to the field during the course of the project (RFI’s, submittals, shop drawings, change orders, weekly consultant & client meetings).
- Responsible for project close out documents & final billing: gather as-builts, warranties, other information as required.
- Ad-hoc duties.
- 5+ years of related experience in project/construction management required
- BS in Construction Management or equivalent skills & technical knowledge gained through work experience required
- Must be able to work effectively with a variety of personnel and projects
- Knowledge of budget preparation and control
- Must understand technical facets of construction & be able to review and discuss in detail