Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
United States - California - Burbank
Jan. 15, 2021
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Opportunity OverviewThe Job
Warner Bros. Consumer Products Inc. seeks a Designer for the Creative/PD & BA department.
This designer position will help support Global Themed Entertainment product development business which includes apparel, accessories, stationery, gifts, home, and packaged foods; and will review product submissions for these categories. Must be able to execute and multi-task design assignments, projects and responsibilities. Be able to create graphics, typography, research trends, and present ideas well.
- Responsible for concept development for business segments listed above. Translating Warner Bros. story telling into design and graphics.
- Interprets current trends and translate them into good product design.
- Understands elements of product design, print and pattern development, color, and typography.
- Follows best practices implemented and shared across all areas.
- Manages a category, which includes but not limited to, communication and update with licensees, give design feedback, review product submissions and samples, and lead creative calls.
- Communicates and partners with all internal teams, ie. BA, franchise, legal, category, etc.., to ensure proper feedback is communicated to licensees.
- Works closely with product managers to produce fresh, compelling designs that meet the business needs / strategies.
- Follows best practices, implemented and shared across all areas
- Understands technical aspects of construction of products and components in regard to design and development
- 1-2 years’ experience in product design, graphic design, or fashion / home design.
- Preferred, not required a BA, BFA or 2 years Technical College in a design discipline
- Ability to clearly communicate and present vision and ideas
- Team player and problem solver
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Must be a self-starter with a tenacious attitude and a strong work ethic
- Knowledge/awareness of competitive businesses
- Advanced skills working with Illustrator and Photoshop, and InDesign
- Additional computer skills, include InDesign, Word, Excel and Power Point/Keynote
- Licensing business model experience is a plus