Sr. Developer, Licensing Finance
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
United States - California - Burbank
Jan. 13, 2021
Opportunity OverviewThe Job
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks a Sr. Developer, Licensing Finance for the Enterprise Technology: WB Finance & Planning Solutions department.
This position delivers work products in the area of technical development with the focus on Finance within the IP Licensing solution sets, including system production support oversight, technical analysis of business requirements, technical specification, system development, configuration and oversight of other development objects. This position also drives solutions in the COSMOS portfolio to ensure appropriate usage of technology solutions while ensuring WB operates high quality and low cost solutions within their application portfolio.
- Partners with Technical Lead (s) to deliver technical solutions for system enhancements and new capabilities for developing business models
- Advances the health of the COSMOS portfolio, including exploiting new capabilities available in the market, rationalizing the portfolio, and ensuring alignment to WB’s strategic goals and initiatives
- Delivers development, configuration and initial testing for enhancements and project within the IP Licensing Solution
- Completes technical documentation as it relates to functional requirements
- Oversees other technical development, performs quality control and supports the existing and added on financial footprint the technical solution
- 5+ years of experience system development of complex applications across multiple business functions using a variety of technologies, with a focus on application development and maintenance.
- 3+ years of experience implementing, coding and configuring large scale, complex applications (preferably SAP).
- 2+ years of experience with ERP Finance applications, preferably in the entertainment industry.
- Strong knowledge and practical application of the software development life cycle (SDLC), with industry standard best practice methodologies.
- Experience with customizing existing code to accommodate specific business requirements.
- Undergraduate degree required
- Technical Knowledge / Skills
- Broad understanding of enterprise level systems, SAP (SAP CRM, SAP ECC, including HANA, FIORI)
- Detailed knowledge of ABAP Coding Language across multiple SAP modules with a focus on Finance (ECC, FSCM, CRM)
- Functional Knowledge / Skills in the following areas:
- Basic understanding of financial business processes preferably in the Entertainment Industry
- Data Management
- Reporting Solutions
- General Knowledge / Skills required:
- Ability to integrate with a larger team
- Ability to actively listen and incorporate feedback to continuously improve
- Manage assignments with structured approach to deliver quality
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel, both in person and on the telephone
- Must be able to organize and schedule work effectively
- Must be service-oriented
- Must be able to work independently
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including possible overtime, when necessary