Sr. Product Manager - Video Experiences (HBO Max)
United States - California - Burbank, United States - New York - New York, United States - Washington - Seattle
Jan. 13, 2021
Company OverviewWarner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
HBO MAX launched in May 2020 featuring an incomparable collection of content from its brands and franchises recognized and respected all over the world. HBO MAX serves as the exclusive home for viewing original movies, series, short-form, and more, along with a vibrant catalog that spans the unmatched catalog of HBO content to the most recent movie releases from Warner Brothers. We’re looking for talented team-players with an entrepreneurial spirit, who will thrive upon the legacy of our company yet embrace unconventional thinking, and who are passionate about contributing to Warner Media through strategic hard-work and determination.
We are seeking an enthusiastic team member for the position of Senior Product Manager. Reporting to the Director of Product for HBO MAX Video Experiences, and part of the Warner Media product team. This individual will collaborate cross-functionally with the design, program and engineering teams to create premium video experiences for HBO Max.
- You will gathers, help define, and document internal requirements, specifically for video playback, for direct to consumer streaming product HBO MAX
- Communicate requirements effectively to the Digital Products cross-functional teams.
- Own the product roadmap items for video playback and quality and gain cross-functional consensus on plans such as advanced formats of 4K UHD and HDR, Streaming quality of service and casting
- Facilitates portfolio roadmap prioritization with cross-functional team and leadership.
- Provides input on non-functional requirements, from market and forecast perspectives.
- Conducts regular service reviews, and analysis of product health.
- Partners with the Design/UX team to provide input on product line level decisions, ensuring the design is optimized to meet business and consumer needs.
- Drives customer and internal stakeholder communications (including Brand, Content, Marketing, Media Supply Chain, Legal, Distribution and Customer Support) as the product line interface.
For the product portfolio, you will have the opportunity to work on, but not limited to the following projects:
- Support Customer research/validation
- Competitive analysis
- Business case: Identifies business value; recommends metrics and objectives based on the business value at the product line level
- Product delivery solution concept
- Feature/function roadmap: reviews across the product line, collaborates with other cross-departmental team members
- Business readiness/implementation planning
- External launch planning/execution
- Post-launch monitoring of product ROI, business value & customer feedback: Tracks and recommends course corrections for product line
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5+ years of Product Management experience
- Prior Product experience within the evolving digital landscape, including video streaming, content distribution workflows, and responsive development
- Experience with usability/product research tools
- Experience creating dashboards, service documentation, and roadmap presentations
- Prior experience working within portfolio management systems (ex: JIRA, Asana) preferred
- Strong balance of communication, creative and technical skills
- Proven track record of delivering high-quality, innovative consumer experiences
- Highly developed organizational, planning, and analytical capabilities with tactical execution
- Demonstrated interpersonal and strong communication skills; written and oral
- Formal and informal presentation skills in small and large group settings
- Self-starter, accountable, and empowered
- Collaborative work style