Lead Software Development Engineer in Test
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Engineering, Game QA/Localization
United Kingdom - London
Jan. 06, 2021
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Rocksteady Studios is looking to add to its family of permanent staff. We are looking for an exceptionally talented Lead Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) who is ready for the challenge of producing our next unannounced AAA title.
- Oversee development, organisation and deployment of automated tests and frameworks (across multiple platforms and test frameworks)
- Monitor automated testing metrics, proactively revising test strategy to ensure efficient use of available bandwidth (co-ordinating with Lead Dev Ops and external QA teams)
- Coordinate cross-feature team testing (automated playthroughs, scale testing)
- Support Feature Owners and Code Leads with testing strategy and coverage (including automated testing)
- Oversee integration of automated testing capabilities with existing gameplay systems (undertaken by SDETs)
- Manage automated testing backlog, prioritised according to QA and dev team requirements (co-ordinating with Production to produce schedule)
- Keep bug database up to date (including bug triage, investigation progress, proposed fixes)
- Good understanding and experience with C/C++ and Python.
- Good understanding and experience with visual scripting environments (e.g. UE4 Blueprint).
- Strong understanding of QA testing methodologies.
- A demonstrable enthusiasm for improving software engineering and automated testing processes.
- To be proactive in identifying the weak spots of the development workflows and proposing improvements.
- Experience with Unreal Engine & Blueprint an advantage.
- Experience with TeamCity an advantage.
- Experience with Perforce an advantage.
- Experience with JIRA & TestRail an advantage.
- An understanding of developing for the main gaming platforms an advantage.