Lead Network Programmer
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
United Kingdom - London
Jan. 05, 2021
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Rocksteady Studios is looking to add to its family of staff. Reporting to the Technical Director, the Lead Network Programmer will manage a growing team of network coders and drive through all aspects of an ‘AAA’ game’s requirements in accordance with the Technical Director’s lead.
- Oversee, advise, and drive the whole network team to minimise bugs, ensure quality results, and efficient working practices
- Be responsible for overseeing all networked and online components on a game project.
- Advising gameplay and content teams and evangelising good network processes.
- Be a role-model for the coders by emphasizing project and company goals, providing feedback on performance, and mentoring.
- Be the point of contact for all network code work.
- Manage the network programmers, including regular one-on-ones.
- Proven track record as a team lead with experience on at least two successfully-published multi-player titles, participating in the development from concept to the publishing stage.
- Expert understanding in C/C++.
- An advanced understanding of game technology principles and the main gaming platforms and the requirements needed to develop software on them.
- Train coders in the team. Be well aware of the ‘state of the art’ and assess new trends and emerging techniques.
- Oversee all relevant documentation to the project.
- Unreal experience and advantage