Sr Publicist, CNN
United States - New York - New York
Apr. 06, 2021
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
CNN is seeking a Sr Publicist to help develop and execute press activities and strategies at CNN in New York. You will be join our Publicity team to develop and implement strategic and innovative publicity campaigns to provide exposure for internal and external executives across all media platforms. Candidates need to have a healthy interest in the news, digital media and the journalism industry, an adaptability to adjust to a fast-paced cycle, along with familiarity with CNN's networks and platforms.
- Responsible for managing day-to-day press relations, speaking engagements, write press materials and manage press interviews.
- Identify opportunities, create framework and proactively pitch story ideas to targeted national media.
- Manage large projects and may have budget responsibility for projects.
- Travel when necessary.
- Proven track record for developing and implementing strategic and innovative publicity campaigns, pitching and placing stories and excellent writing skills.
- Understanding of news and politics, be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
- S/he will create proactive pitches and story ideas targeted to national media, content-specific outlets, trade pubs, and social platforms.
- Self-starter, work independently and as a team; own projects from start to finish.
- Must have excellent judgment, decision making, networking and communication skills; be a multi-tasker who is equally strong at looking at the big picture and the smallest details.
- Cable television press relations skills a big plus.
- Position requires strong public relations skills and the ability to place stories within consumer, social, trade and blog press.
- Four-year college degree preferred, four to five years publicity experience, knowledge of media outlets and contacts required.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands