Director of Art
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Creative, Game Design, Game Development/Publishing, Graphics/Design/Art
United States - Massachusetts - Needham
Dec. 02, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Business Unit OverviewWB Games Boston, is a Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment development studio focused on creating free-to-play games for mobile platforms. The studio is utilizing its extensive expertise in creating persistent online worlds that foster powerful social gaming communities to develop its hit mobile game, Game of Thrones: Conquest.
Opportunity OverviewThe Job
WB Games Boston is seeking an Art Director to produce industry-leading visuals for the hit mobile strategy game, Game of Thrones: Conquest. Partnering with HBO and a team of world-class developers, the Art Director is a member of the studio leadership team & will be an integral part of shaping the next generation of mobile strategy gaming for the studio.
We are looking for a candidate that will be a mentor and advocate for the team, act as a visionary for the artistic direction of the game, and lead asset production from collaborative conceptualization through final product.
- Conceptualize and communicate visual direction to raise the bar in mobile strategy gaming
- Create, maintain and manage the visual systems, brand identity, production quality and style guide for our mobile game
- Directly manage and mentor a robust art team, with dedicated animators, visual effects artists, technical artists, UX designers, UI artists, and numerous 3D and 2D artists
- Collaborate on process and product with designers, product managers, producers, engineers and QA in addition to the artists
- Ensure production quality through art asset review, directing, and oversight of the production process
- 2+ years of professional art direction experience on a mobile game
- 5+ years of professional art management experience
- 10+ years of experience in the development and operation of AAA titles, preferably in the Mobile gaming space
- Experience with a variety of game art disciplines
- Respect and understanding of User Experience and User Interface design
- Proven leadership abilities and teamwork skills
- Able to prioritize tasks effectively and efficiently
- Excellent communication skills, able to communicate visually
- Must be able to provide a portfolio that demonstrates skills and experience
- Examples of past style guide documentation is a plus
- Experience with Unity or similar mobile development platform is a plus