Risk Operations Analyst - HBO Max
United States - New York - New York
Jan. 13, 2021
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Opportunity OverviewHBO Max is the future of entertainment and storytelling. WarnerMedia’s streaming entertainment offering, HBO Max launched in May 2020 and is the culmination of some of the most innovative new technology and greatest creative talent in the industry. Anchored by the entire HBO service, arguably the greatest brand in television, HBO Max also features fan favorites from the WarnerMedia library including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more. HBO Max is home to key third-party library acquisitions such as Friends, South Park and Doctor Who, and more than 50 exclusive Originals in its first year, from the likes of groundbreaking creative talent such as J.J. Abrams, Ridley Scott, Jordan Peele, Steven Soderbergh, Michael Mann, Mindy Kaling, Reese Witherspoon, Anna Kendrick, Greg Berlanti, Melissa McCarthy, Robert Zemeckis and other visionaries. Find out more information at HBOMax.com.
The Risk Operations Analyst, Fraud Management will be a part of the Direct-to-Consumer Operations team. As a Fraud Risk Operations Analyst you will work closely with cross-functional product delivery teams and stakeholders across business functions including Security, Compliance, Legal, Finance, Distribution and Warner Media's leadership team. The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience working with large amounts of data to uncover and investigate data anomalies and determine the root cause. The results of these investigations could result in creating new or updated business requirements for the Fraud Management program.
- Maintain aggregated risk reporting for WarnerMedia streaming products, including the analysis of compromise, involuntary churn, chargebacks and fraud risk.
- Monitor real-time transaction queues and decisions on incidents.
- Conduct root cause analysis on fraud events to identify emerging fraud trends and provide recommendations to Management for proper response to threats taking into consideration consumer impact.
- Utilize application tools and analytics to detect, monitor, control and mitigate current and potential fraud threats.
- Assist in identifying process improvement opportunities in the area of chargebacks, involuntary churn and fraud.
- Monitor key KPIs and identify emerging anomalies; share recommendations for further analysis, as needed.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical, communication (verbal and written), problem-solving, organizational, and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to analyze data, discover anomalies and determine root cause.
- Proven ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Skilled at handling a variety of assignments simultaneously. Flexibility and willingness to work at a rapid pace in strict time frames.
- Working familiarity with Microsoft Office products, Google Suite, and general data visualization tools.
- Proficient in data querying language such as SQL for report creation and maintenance.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical, communication (verbal and written), problem-solving, organizational skills and critical thinking.
- Communicates effectively both orally and in writing; presents ideas in a clear, concise, understandable and organized manner.
- Demonstrates effective planning, organization, time management, and problem-solving skills.
Nice to Haves
- Experience with regulatory compliance and business analytics in Card Not Present commerce.
- International business experience in Europe and/or Latin America, second languages a plus.
- Track record of thinking outside the box to identify patterns across different information sources.
- Tangential experience in cybersecurity practices.
- Media, entertainment and/or subscription services experience.
- Experience in fraud payment technologies and current innovations in the marketplace to mitigate and detect risk.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands