Advanced Software Engineer, SDET
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
United States - Washington - Kirkland
Dec. 01, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Business Unit OverviewFor the past 20 years Monolith has been obsessed with delivering a unique gaming experience for our fans. Starting with Blood, our very first title – all the way to our most recent offering, Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor, we are constantly pushing the envelope to combine innovative gameplay, inventive narratives, cutting edge tech & AI, and stunning visuals. We are challenging ourselves even further to ensure that our next game is going to be our best yet.
That’s where you come in – for us to achieve that we need the best and brightest talent the industry has to offer. Come join us and help create our next AAA title!
Opportunity OverviewThe Job
Monolith Productions, a division of WB Games Inc., seeks an Advanced Software Development Engineer in Test to join the engineering team behind the award-winning Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor and its sequel Middle-earth: Shadow of War, in leading our efforts in automated testing tools, frameworks, and test suites.
The Advanced Software Development Engineer in Test is responsible for improving the test capabilities of both our internal and external QA teams through automated tools and systems. Candidates will have a deep appreciation and understanding of the needs of QA, particularly in how they relate to the unique aspects of each individual game. The Advanced SDET will also work closely with engineers and content teams to gain understanding of how systems are implemented and more importantly, how they should be tested.
As an Engineering representative, the Advanced SDET will work closely with our QA, and Production teams to improve the test coverage of our game systems. Tasks to include: working with test plans, creating scripts against an automation framework. The SDET also shares responsibility for maintaining build-system stability.
- Extend, improve, and utilize our existing automated framework to: Enhance testing capabilities of game features, validate design and art content, and monitor game performance and memory usage
- Review game engineering source code to identify potential areas of QA focus
- Working with QA leadership on identifying areas of QA complexity and offering solutions to mitigate said complexity.
- Along with other engineers and content teams, implement test cases relevant to the title.
- 7+ years of professional programming experience
- 3+ years of professional experience supporting QA
- 5+ years of professional C/C++
- Experience working on scripting environment such as Python or PowerShell (preferred)
- Experience creating reports working with SQL (preferred)
- Experience working with distributed build systems (preferred)
- Experience with development on either the Xbox One or PlayStation 4 (preferred)
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to collaborate with engineers, content creators, and QA to develop robust testing tools
- Ability to easily communicate technical topics with both engineers and non-technical people alike
- Ability to openly discuss and review technical proposals, requirements, designs, algorithms, source code, and reference documents with engineers, content creators, QA and managers
- Microsoft Visual C++ development environment.