Manager, Content Programming - Bleacher Report
United States - California - San Francisco
Dec. 02, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Opportunity OverviewBleacher Report, a WarnerMedia company, makes it as easy as possible to be a sports fan by defining the moments that matter. Empowering, personal and community driven, its vision for making sports bigger than the game has led to unmatched engagement on social media, where it consistently ranks as the No. 1 digital and social brand. Bleacher Report also provides an industry-leading fan experience on mobile devices through its unparalleled app experience. This year Bleacher Report was ranked as one of the ‘World’s Most Innovative Companies’ by Fast Company.
Find Bleacher Report on the web at www.bleacherreport.com and on Instagram @BleacherReport. Bleacher Report is a division of Turner Sports.
Bleacher Report is seeking a Manager, B/R Betting App Programming to be responsible for day-to-day management and content strategy for Sports Betting within BR's breaking news app. He/She will specifically lead B/R's app strategy on curation, hook writing and content packaging, as well as serve as direct manager and mentor to a shared team of programmers. We are looking for someone with a passion for driving audience engagement and betting culture who gets excited about big parlay payouts, agonizes over bad beats, and lives for the late game. But you can't take yourself too seriously because betting is fun, and we are determined to build the best interactive betting community in the world. The Manager, B/R Betting App Programming will work cross-functionally, collaborating with the content, design, sales and marketing, business development and leadership group on key initiatives and alongside partners in the betting industry.
- Help run the day-to-day management and strategy of B/R's breaking news app (push notifications, content packaging, event planning, community building) around Betting.
- Specifically develop and lead app strategy on content packaging, hook writing, RSS and automation around Betting.
- Develop strategy to increase engagement within the app with a focus on interactivity and user-generated content.
- Work closely with a shared team of programmers.
- Utilize analytics platform to track and optimize engagement across the app.
- Launch an oversee a betting newsletter SCOPE.
- Set app content programming strategy, priorities, policies, and holistic vision for the creation and distribution of betting content within the B/R app.
- Focus on audience growth and increased interactivity within the app and work closely with other stakeholders on test-and-learn strategies and analytics evaluation.
- Influence and mentor staff, inspiring a creative culture of innovation.
- Provide support and pathways to nurture and grow existing talent and maintain the highest quality of work.
- Lead cross-departmental transparency and collaboration.
- Embody a group that prides itself on camaraderie associated with 'best in class'.
- 5+ years experience in digital media, social media or content curation.
- Extensive knowledge of Sports Betting.
- Experience in leading small teams and/or projects/events.
- Deep understanding of current media and digital content space.
- Previous editorial, content or social media experience in sports news is preferred.
- Previous experience, understanding of newsletters is preferred.
- Awareness of Bleacher Report's voice + extensive knowledge of internet sports culture.
- Experience with analytics platforms preferred