Senior IT Support Engineer
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Broadcast Technical Operations
United Kingdom - Leavesden
Nov. 20, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
- Install, configure, deploy and support Mac & PC desktop hardware and software (both on-premise & remotely)
- Provide desktop support (both on-premise & remotely), onboard/offboard users, and provide training for cloud applications such as Box, Aspera Files, Office 365, Smartsheet, Pix, Shotgun, RV, Sync Onset, Scenechronize
- Install & Support desktop applications including MS Office, Final Draft, Movie Magic Budgeting & Scheduling, Adobe Creative Cloud suite, Maya, Sketchbook, Zbrush, and other content creation programs.
- Patch & remediate security vulnerabilities on desktop computers, servers, and infrastructure devices manually and using automated patch tools (e.g. JAMF, Intune)
- Install, configure, deploy, and manage file servers (Synology, QNAP, Open Drives, Oracle ZFS, Isilon, etc.) and associated racks, power supplies, and cooling systems.
- Install firewalls, switches, wifi access points, and other network equipment and cabling for local production networks.
- Troubleshoot & support production VLANs coordinating with local WB and third party network management resources.
- Provide break/fix support for printers and scanners
- Participate in technology orientation meetings with individual production teams.
- Interface with VFX and post-production vendors as required to securely incorporate their pipeline applications, servers, and equipment into the production facility and/or network.
- Document/update policies, procedures, and user training guides for all deployed technologies and security
- Document logical network diagrams for individual production networks.
- Support the implementation and monitoring of Content Protection, Production Technology Policies, Best Practices, and BYOD policies. Contribute to policy updates.
- Maintain and track inventory of workstations, servers etc..
- Procure software and hardware as needed for productions
- Order and deploy rental computers for productions
- Track installed production software (Filemaker Pro, MMB, MMS, Final Draft, Maya, Zbrush) licenses, renew and remove from BYOD computers when crew is offboarded
- Install, configure, deploy, and support mobile hardware and OS, including virtual environments
- Professional experience in a 3rd line IT Support role.
- Experience in enhanced content protection and information security best practices.
- No spoilers. You’ll be working on many different blockbuster sets – don’t ruin the stories for your friends and family. You must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Ideally experienced at working within a feature production environment during development, prep, production, and post-production stages.
- Experience in Cloud-Based Storage solutions such as AWS and Azure.
- Experience in Editorial solutions - ideally Avid Media composer, Avid Nexis storage, and examples of associated workflows.
- Experience in supporting cloud-based applications such as (but not limited to): Office 365, Active Directory, Azure, AWS, Box, Open Drive, Aspera, Adobe Creative Cloud, Production Specific Applications such as (Shotgun, RV, PIX, Sync OnSet, Scenechonize), Production Accounting Applications such as (MMB, MMS, C&C PSL, EP Smart Accounting)
- Knowledge and experience of production workflows, Cloud-based backups, Encryption Technologies.
- Proven experience in supporting hardware such as: Synology, QNAP, MacBooks, various brands of PC Laptops & Desktops, Firewalls, Switches, Wireless Access Points.
- Ability to prioritise work, anticipate needs, and maintain a level head in a fast-paced, changing & demanding environment.
- You are able to prioritise work, anticipate needs, and maintain a level head in a fast-paced, changing & demanding environment.
- You are self-driven and a good communicator (both verbal and written), as this role will often work alone with minimal technical supervision.
- You will be communicating with people of all levels in the production world. The team is especially skilled in working effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel, both in-person and on the telephone.
- Given the nature of IT Support work, you will be needed to work flexible hours. This may include additional hours when / if required but obviously we do not want to be doing that either.
- Able to travel within and outside of the UK, often at short notice – we have studios in Hollywood and other locations.