Manager, Production Risk Management
Human Resources, Legal/Business Affairs, Production/Post-Production, Security/Fire, Television/Programming
United States - California - Santa Monica, United States - Georgia - Atlanta, United States - New York - New York
Nov. 20, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.HBO is one of the most respected and innovative entertainment brands in the world, serving iconic, award-winning programming to 140 million subscribers globally. A subsidiary of WarnerMedia, HBO is the world’s most successful pay TV service with an extensive array of programming that includes some of the most notable titles to be on television, including drama series Succession®, Watchmen®, Westworld®, Big Little Lies®, Game of Thrones®, The Sopranos®, Band of Brothers® and The Wire®, as well as comedy series Barry®, Insecure® and Sex and the City®. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
Opportunity OverviewThe Job
Home Box Office, Inc. seeks a Manager, Production Risk Management for the HBO General Inc. – Bus Affairs – Production – West Department.
- This job involves assisting the Senior Vice President with managing the insurance and risk management aspects of projects for HBO, HBO Max and Turner networks which includes pilots, series, movies, and mini-series, documentaries and sports.
- Review scripts for stunts and hazardous activities, review agreements for contractual liability, policy adherence and developing insurance premium quotations.
- Identify needs for any special exposures, obtaining international coverages as required.
- Work with Legal to obtain E&O coverage and manage any exclusions, managing and coordinating safety on the set.
- Submit and manage insurance claims including cast and casualty claims.
- Review premium invoices, manage audits, expiration dates and additional photography needs
- Obtain cast insurance for key artists and managing any exclusions.
- Duties involve monitoring world health, weather and political situations, working with HBO Crisis Management Team, monitoring issuance of certificates, updating the HBO Production and Safety Manuals, maintaining risk management database. Assist Senior Vice President with Global Property program.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience in production insurance or risk management including experience with international exposures and claims handling as well as experience with a captive.