WM Distribution Account Lead: MVPDs
Sales and Distribution
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Opportunity OverviewThe JobThe Account Lead for MVPDs manages wholesale content distribution for Warner Media's linear networks, HBO Max and Warner Bros. for a group of North American multichannel video programming distributors. In this capacity, this leader acts boldly and moves decisively to set yearly account strategies and performance metrics, develops content marketing plans in collaboration with the Trade Marketing team to drive HBO Max activations and acquisitions, rentals, sales and engagement, and participates in deal negotiations identifying value for partners and opportunities for WarnerMedia. The Daily
- This role is tasked with creating new business models and arrangements, such as creative bundling of HBO Max + other SVOD services and/or home entertainment titles.
- This leader manages a large team that is held accountable for delivering on its yearly goals.
- The Account Lead and team develop broad and deep account contacts across video, broadband, and wireless (if applicable) divisions of partners' businesses.
- This position leads yearly joint business planning sessions with key accounts and subsequent quarterly business reviews where upcoming WarnerMedia programming and marketing initiatives are shared/developed, as well as a scorecard on agreed upon metrics for the account and WarnerMedia products.
- The Account Lead must have organizational savvy and collaborate across WarnerMedia Sales & Distribution and build strong relationships with Business Affairs, Marketing, Finance, Strategy, Business Planning, Business Development, Home Entertainment and Content Licensing.
- Additionally, this leader must understand and work in alignment with WarnerMedia's strategic goals for HBO Max, WarnerMedia's linear networks, and Warner Bros. studios and libraries.
- A minimum of 15 years working in content distribution at a media company or in video product management or strategy at an MVPD.
- Proven track record of managing client relationships
- Negotiation skills a must.
- Demonstrated background and knowledge of senior-level sales management within a large, high-profile, matrixed environment.
- Experience in leading and driving performance in teams, defining vision/culture with an inclusive approach.
- Extensive analytical experience; Proven business partner with the ability to guide and counsel on a wide variety of business initiatives and priorities.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills with proven ability to present complex business problems to Senior Management.
- Ability to develop and negotiate a variety of customer focused programs leveraging different financial models.
- Bachelor's Degree Required.
- MBA Preferred.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.