Editor, Product Testing CNN Underscored
Digital/Interactive Media, Editorial, Other, Publishing, Research
United States - New York - New York
Nov. 20, 2020
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
This is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
The Editor, Product Testing will work directly with the Deputy Editor to help manage the editorial process for "lab-tested" content - our in-depth, longform pieces based upon strenuous product testing. In this role, the Editor, Product Testing will submit and track all product requests, help do first-pass edits and fact check copy, and help manage our network of freelancers to ensure deadlines are met. In addition, the Editor will update product reviews and guides, assist editors with sourcing images and building stories in the CMS, and regularly contribute content coverage ideas.
- Assist staff and freelance writers working on testing pieces; help facilitate procurement of products and photo and video assets; help to keep the testing calendar on track.
- Track all products sent to and received from staff and freelancers.
- Coordinate with freelancers to make sure deadlines are met.
- Top edit and fact check submitted copy and ensure adherence to our editorial standards.
- Communicate with our SEO team to ensure stories comply with their guidance.
- Edit images in Photoshop to comply with our style guide.
- Help build stories in the CMS, ensuring content adheres to established style and formatting guidelines.
- Pitch story ideas and contribute to regular brainstorms Level of Responsibilities/Accountability & Scope.
- Strong sense of latest digital commerce trends.
- Receives work in the form of short-term assignments that often require the application of independent judgment.
- Work is subject to regular supervisory review at regular intervals.
- Operates within the context of defined procedures.
- Position reports to CNN Underscored Deputy Editor
- College degree in journalism or a related field preferred
- 4+ years of editorial experience at a major publisher, ideally in a commerce capacity; 2+ years of which were spent top editing freelance copy.
- Passion for employing shopping strategies and finding the best deals
- Flawless grammar & spelling.
- Strong creative and writing skills.
- Must be detail-oriented, organized and have strong communication skills